Windsurfing Lessons Victoria

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Knappster

Windsurfing Lessons Victoria

Post by Knappster »

I am wanting to learn how to Windsurf. I live in downtown Victoria and cannot find anything on the internet about any company that does this or anything like that.

There was a similiar thread but apparently that person mistook Windsurfing for Kiteboarding. haha no no no, WINDSURFING!

thankkkss! :)
redbaron
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by redbaron »

Not much for lessons in Victoria. Closest would be Parkville maybe, or Vancouver or Hood River.
The best spot to learn is Nitinaht Lake. Perfect steady winds for learning. Lots of info about Nitinaht on this site.
Best bet would be to find a floaty board/small sail and head out there with lots of motivation and maybe beer to share and Im sure you'll find people willing to teach you a couple things. 8)
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

Kevin at Windsurfing Parksville should be able to help out. I believe his Phone number is in this article.
http://www.oceansidestar.com/news/fun-i ... n-1.302526
Why aren't YOU out there?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Windsurfing Lessons Victoria

Post by KUS »

Knappster wrote:I am wanting to learn how to Windsurf. I live in downtown Victoria and cannot find anything on the internet about any company that does this or anything like that.

There was a similiar thread but apparently that person mistook Windsurfing for Kiteboarding. haha no no no, WINDSURFING!

thankkkss! :)
what RedBaron said. Used to do the intros in Vic for free but it kinda died, too much effort to drag all my learner stuff out and then people don't show up....

if you HAVE stuff and suit, there will be plenty of people incl me to give you pointers but you really need a good solid huge wide learner board (for about a couple of days...unfortunately so borrow it or rent), like the aquaglider is perfect to learn to have wind flow across the sail and gain basics, then go to a kg body weight x1.3-1.5 volume in L for the next one to invest in. :arrow: the glider is great to get kids and wife going too so it is not a waste to pick one up on Ebay complete for $400-600 (or a whole lot less) 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....