Possible Limited Edition 7m Storm Kite

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
johnz

Possible Limited Edition 7m Storm Kite

Post by johnz »

Local Ladies and Gents,

We've had some initial inquiries from some of the Comox crew as to the possibility of a 7m Storm for the season. This is not a kite we intend to put into our regular product offering to all consumers so - if we made one - it would be a limited run, likely done in one uniform colour with limited graphics. (Most likely just our brand name, Storm and 7m on the side).

So, my question is this - who would be interested in a limited edition 7m Storm? If this interests you, please email me directly at so I can get a list together. If we get enough interest we will go ahead.

I'd like to invest the minimum of time into this as this as it won't keep the lights on here at OR HQ but I also want all of you to be safe and happy on the water and we are stoked to see that there could be a need for some of you to have a larger Storm kite this season.

John Z ~ OR
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

personally I'd like to see a 6m!

it would go really good with my quiver of 5,7,8,9.5,10,12m
JL

Post by JL »

What :!: No 14.5 :?: I'd consider a 7 storm ...
Thermals are good.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

You have too many kites Adrian... 9.5 + 10?!?! :shock: You should start windsurfing where you actually need that many sails!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

abetanzo wrote:personally I'd like to see a 6m!

it would go really good with my quiver of 5,7,8,9.5,10,12m
Ditto on the 6m, that would be the money size IMO, but I already have a 5m storm and am not planning on buying another kite until my current ones start falling apart on me, so my vote doesn't count for much. (For what it's worth I would have preferred a 6m-6.5m storm to a 5m)
Moderate Wind Mateo

Post by Moderate Wind Mateo »

yes I agree , I am not a buyer but 6m is the sweet spot, regular 7's are strong enough.
vanman

Post by vanman »

I weigh 100kgs - a 7m storm would be great news.