chesty weekend

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
bamfieldave

chesty weekend

Post by bamfieldave »

tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Awesome! I wish I had made the drive Sunday ....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

thanks! i'd give that a *like* :D
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Superfun! :D :D :D
Big thanks to Mr and Mrs BFD for taking the time to shot, edit and post! 8)
winddude

Post by winddude »

that surfer at 45 seconds so dropped in. Wow, looks like it was a good weekend, wish I had been there
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

winddude wrote:that surfer at 45 seconds so dropped in...
The funny part was I was yelling so loud BFD heard me, surfer looked over and then dropped in anyway. :shock:
ozy

Post by ozy »

we do catch a lot more waves than surfers so it's usually a good idea to give a wave or more to them
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

ozy wrote:we do catch a lot more waves than surfers so it's usually a good idea to give a wave or more to them
I think for the most part windsurfers that sail out here are fair and courteous. After all most wavesailers surf as well. This was the third time a surfer dropped in on one of us that day on a day with plenty of waves and maybe 3- 5 WS and 3-10 surfers total past the break north of Luvkin. I agree we catch more rides then beginners and novice surfers, but in opinion it's also the beginners and novice dudes that are dropping in. I saw many seasoned riders catch lots of waves that day and respectful of the right of way rule and even heard cheering when one of us caught a bomb! :P

PS. I thought I'd see you there :?: :!:
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

ozy wrote:we do catch a lot more waves than surfers so it's usually a good idea to give a wave or more to them
redbaron wrote:I think for the most part windsurfers that sail out here are fair and courteous. After all most wavesailers surf as well. This was the third time a surfer dropped in on one of us that day on a day with plenty of waves and maybe 3- 5 WS and 3-10 surfers total past the break north of Luvkin. I agree we catch more rides then beginners and novice surfers, but in opinion it's also the beginners and novice dudes that are dropping in. I saw many seasoned riders catch lots of waves that day and respectful of the right of way rule and even heard cheering when one of us caught a bomb! :P

PS. I thought I'd see you there :?: :!:
That was my sense of the day as well Jessie (well said). I yelled "HEY!!!" (nothing insulting) for safety reasons (to make sure he was aware I was there and to avoid a collision). In the end I did give him the wave (he dropped in where he wanted, when he wanted and took the line he wanted) while I yielded (stalled on the wave and held my position, then sailed around him out in the flats and continued on). In hindsight, the only other thing I may have done differently would have been to have gone backside while he was on the wave to give him even more space. but I was so focused on watching what he was doing it didn't occur to me at the time. Not arguing, just providing additional point for clarity.