Tatlayoko Lake

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
danh

Tatlayoko Lake

Post by danh »

Has anyone sailed Tatlayoko Lake? ... Between Bella Coola and Williams Lake?

How was it? Where did you stay?
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I never have but I'm often in the area and it goes off. Water is not even close to warm. I know people have sailed it, I think I read some stuff online. Tatla also blows and there are launches that would work along the road. It's just not going to be very warm except in low low snow years later in summer.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Yup I have....what an awesome place in the world! Air 28 deg in afternoon, ice on the van roof at night minus 3 end of August!! (We ran furnace out of propane brrr) Water at least 6:4 required, I wore a bare exposure suit. Some trees grow at 45 deg angle like the Gorge. Camping at the village lake park site at end of lake, can't miss it. Watch out for thunderstorms and evening squalls that end abruptly, gets big lake waves. Would not recommend kiting, use high volume board for up haul safety. Locals sold fresh veggies at honour stand, don't know if you can launch anywhere in Tatla but they had beer and gas :idea: :twisted: bring yer horse 8) and do drive the Heckman pass into Bella Coola, a wonder of the world...stay away from spawning Atnarko in fall if you know what's good for you! [smilie=wizard.gif]
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Choelquoit lake nearby gets wind and is warm water mod simmer big open shallow launch east end
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

Sounds much like sailing in the river at Squamish.