Hood River Bridge tolls

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Hood River Bridge tolls

Post by KUS »

"$6 for one crossing? You're shittin me!"

"Yes we have recently raised our rates"
Apparently they want everyone to use the token system so drop into the HR marina harbour office and get auto deductions on your credit card and pay 1/2 price
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
uddereef
Website Donor
Website Donor

Hood river toll bridge

Post by uddereef »

10 bucks cdn.[/quote]
gorge_r_and_d

Post by gorge_r_and_d »

Fyi ... https://portofhoodriver.com/bridge/toll-rates/

So cars & single axle & non dualies are still $2 .... yeah sux
TonyInVancouver

Post by TonyInVancouver »

Get a Breezeby account. Toll drops to $1.
winddude

Post by winddude »

What! Guess the washington side needs better restaurants now! lol, I think even that McDonald's closed a year or two ago.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

So apparently it's a couple bucks with the account which you can automatically top up or pay cash...at the office...when they are open...
When asked why 2 axles are 2 bucks but my rig is $6 ( or $4 with an account...not half or $3? :roll: ) I was informed at the booth it's cuz of 6 tires...I said it says nothing about tires, it states axles....and still shows old pricing...a shrug...then in the office it's not the axles, nope...it's more accurately that the RVs are not vehicles...they are RVs :lol: so now I have paid 2x$6, then a credit card account with a $20 balance charged and Hood River probably won't see me again for at least a year...and $35 parking discover pass used once....for one moderately fun Hatchery day of sailing..so fun to travel to the US Mecca :?

Cleaned out, got the agro finger twice from residents for?? and toxic River water taste in my mouth :x at least the Bingen cherries were yummy and free...tho the sheriff I thought was gonna bust us for that too!

Big props to Mikey's muffler on Tucker road who got us in same day for reasonable $$ to weld up a tailpipe that hung on the driveshaft and thankfully was noticed by me on a walk around check and didn't hurt anyone after I wrestled the hanger off :idea: Ahhhh Roadtrips :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....