New guy in Campbell river

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Kennyfinest36

New guy in Campbell river

Post by Kennyfinest36 »

As the title says!

I just moved to the island from Squamish, keen to get some solid info about my new local spots and meet some of you guys too.

I've been kiting a few years now, i'd like to think i'm a safe water user and am used to flying in strong trade or thermal winds. It seems like you guys rely on a lot of stormier conditions so id prefer to chat to some locals before I head out in case of changing conditions etc.

Any Campbell River locals wanna grab a beer for a chinwag hit me up, ill buy the first round!

Cheers
Len
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

Welcome! I'm all the way down near the Sooke Brewing Company -mmm good IPA. but welcome anyway.
curses - foiled again!
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Best bet if you haven't yet.....join the comox kite Facebook group. Quite a crew there. Some venture to points north towards cr. ..some probably even live up there. Enjoy those south east gales!!
Kennyfinest36

Post by Kennyfinest36 »

Thanks fellas!
Any idea of the specific name of that fb site?
Im drawing a blank on searches, unless its the Kite repair page you are referring to.
Cheers
Len
Kennyfinest36

Post by Kennyfinest36 »

And additionally I have a friend down in Sooke, maybe ill get a chance to sample their beer sometime.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

Comox Valley Kiteboarding Crew on Facebook. Welcome to the mid island.