Where to find Wsurf/SUP Package?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
skywalker

Where to find Wsurf/SUP Package?

Post by skywalker »

Hey Everyone!

Looking for a SUP Windsurf package for a good friend.

Does anyone know where to buy new? KUS?

Any used ones out there?
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

the usual suspects for wind-sports have these types of packages, such as any shop in Hood River. I don't know about any of the Island shops.

otherwise, some examples are;
http://www.deepcoveoutdoors.com/about-us/
www.paddlesurf.ca
www.windspirit.ca
www.airtimeboardsports.com
etc.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

would depend on what's wanted, the packages are usually low end products....if it's a family thing, great, if it is to be used to learn and get better or wanting to do some waves might wanna invest in better components, I can do the latter but don't carry some of that very cheap entry level stuff.

Having said this both KA and Goya carry excellent beginner rigs too, check their websites. I can also get the Exocet packages from Florida from Aerotech, they have a great online catalogue
http://www.exocet-original.com/files/ex ... k-2013.pdf

hope that helps

:arrow:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

Yup, do the research for what you need (and want, as skills do progress fast in the early stages). I have one SUP which has been great for me at 9'6", but I can see myself outgrowing it soon as it sacrifices performance in flat water and in the waves. As an aside, I jump on a Go board and 'SUP' beside one of my boys when the occasion arises, just saying', not optimal, but any of the learner windsurfing boards being sold right now in the forum, coupled with a learner wave SUP might be something worth considering.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

KUS wrote:would depend on what's wanted, the packages are usually low end products....if it's a family thing, great, if it is to be used to learn and get better or wanting to do some waves might wanna invest in better components, I can do the latter but don't carry some of that very cheap entry level stuff.

Having said this both KA and Goya carry excellent beginner rigs too, check their websites. I can also get the Exocet packages from Florida from Aerotech, they have a great online catalogue
http://www.exocet-original.com/files/ex ... k-2013.pdf

hope that helps

:arrow:
Ok KUS, I'll send him your way.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Way late to the party... but I know Ocean River in town here just brought in some special order Windsurf gear for someone. Not sure who, maybe it was the guy in question here??
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

Could be! I pointed him to KUS, but he may have gone another route.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I suppose most outdoor/sports stores could order up some windsurf gear ....(I think that is what happened to this guy). What they order and for whom and why is probably something you should leave to someone who knows a little about the sport... :roll: I know many people that have paid top dollar for total crap or even decent gear but it was totally wrong for their skill set or application...I probably have talked more people OUT of buying something because just any sale is not as important to me than matching people with the right gear. Most stores typically don't operate that way I suppose.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Cam
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Where to find Wsurf/SUP Package?

Post by Cam »

If you want a blow up beach toy that paddles and sails Bic & Starboard make kits to do both, the revamped Windsurfer One design would do both too with an emphasis on Windsurfing of course. Surely there are lots of other brands with products.

In Vancouver North Shore Ski & Board have good connections with the Starboard line via Vancouver based Trident , I'm sure they can order from other suppliers too. Here's their current web offering.

https://shop.northshoreskiandboard.com/ ... urf-boards

That said inflatable boards are really more a learning path than a long term investment in Windsports. But we all started somewhere. And old or new longboards with their Daggerboards inserted make pretty good SUP boards. Thats what I've used for over 30 years. When becalmed... de-rig & paddle.

Hopefully Kus, Dirty Mermaid & other island sales outfits ??? can figure something to help learners buy kits locally..