Windsurf foil using Lift foil?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
md50

Windsurf foil using Lift foil?

Post by md50 »

Hola! I am wondering if anyone has tried out a Lift foil for windsurf foiling. I was thinking of trying our (wingfoil) Lift Surf V2 200 on our Slingshot Wizard 114 windfoil board.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Windsurf foil using Lift foil?

Post by winddoctor »

Might as well try! You'll likely want the foil max forward on the Wizard to get enough lift as the Lift system is pretty back footed. May need a longer fuse if you can't get it flying. Let us know if it works!
Poultry in motion
md50

Post by md50 »

Thanks! Will do. Won't be trying it for a couple of months but looking forward to the experiment. Eyeballing the track on the Wizard it looks like I'll be able to get the Lift front wing roughly as far forward as existing Infinity 76. But it'll be interesting with short mast and fuse, and who knows whether the angle of attack will be similar. I too was wondering about adding Lift's 3" fuse extender.
smartang

Post by smartang »

Always fun to try, but I'd say the tracks are way too far back for a stock lift 200 or any lift. Not sure how the windsurf mast and sail change the foot pressure relative to wingfoiling but standard windsurf fuses are 90-110cm long with the front wing well ahead of the mast. 3" adapter would help, but lift tails other than the 33 have little angle (since lift is tuned on an efoil, and the motor provides tons of foot pressure). And the 33 is too short even with a 3" adapter.

Since it's impossible to change the location of the front foil you'd be better off with a foilparts long lift adapter and a powerful stab to help counterbalance the 6ft of board ahead of the tracks. I have a foilparts lift long carbon adapter for sale if you're interested. Never used as I switched brands before it arrived. Also have a Sabfoil 483 stab used once that would give you the best chance at pleasant foiling experience.
md50

Post by md50 »

Thx for the advice! Interestingly enough Slingshot's new V4 Wizard looks to have more forward adjust on the foil track. AND it has a bottom carry handle!