buy/sell forum

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

Kite Kook

buy/sell forum

Post by Kite Kook »

Hmm. I noticed now that none of the buy and sell info comes up under latest forum topics as per a suggestion made on another topic. I know why that was made, as I was one of the regulars trying to 'bump' the bigwavedave paypal/fundraiser thread. :)

Personally, I like to see the buy/sell info come up, as it allows us to keep an eye on what the market is doing for used gear, and, as an example, recently allowed me to purchase a kite that I wasn't looking for. So, I wouldn't have bought this kite if it hadn't shown up in the 'latest topics'.

Full Disclosure: I DO currently have items for sale, but that is not the reason for this post.

I am wondering how much interest there is in having the old system reverted, or including a "latest buy sell posts" link on the home page.

Any thoughts?
Vive et Ama
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

That is a good idea.
Why not make a direct link to the buy/sell section of the forum?
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
JL

Post by JL »

The 'forum' is just a click away...I think Dave needs to fight for space on the 'home' page...
Thermals are good.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

how about right where the text says "excluding buy/sell" make that into a quick link to the ws classifieds :) ?
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I sure do like the 'Latest Forum Topics' as it is now without all of the for sale stuff. But I understand why a separate Buy/Sell listing would be helpful to people.

JL is right that space is limited on the home page, but I'll try to see if I can fit it in. I plan to (one day) re-design the home page to make it easier to add and fit more content. Each page on the BWD site is slowly being re-designed so any other suggestions you have would be appreciated (email or post as a separate topic). We are currently working on the Forecast page and the wind vector/tide maps pages.
dave
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

hey, does anybody use the 'quick links' just above the forum 'latest'? I never bother with the webcams (though I had one as a 'favorite' once upon a time), the only one I use here is pressure slope, and that rarely. Might free up a little space...
JL

Post by JL »

I always forget those exist !!! This site is sensory overload...
Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

never noticed 'em b4, but I sure will now!!! it always annoyed me that the hamster has to run for a while b4 the IV cam comes up :lol: I like the setup as is now 8)
Last edited by KUS on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

more force 4 wrote:hey, does anybody use the 'quick links' just above the forum 'latest'? I never bother with the webcams (though I had one as a 'favorite' once upon a time), the only one I use here is pressure slope, and that rarely. Might free up a little space...
yes i use them all the time ... for us broadband challenged users it comes in handy not having to open the whole page of cams at once but rather open the exact cam/ws you want

personally i like the way BWD has it right now excluding the buy/sell from the latest forum topics
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Another issue I note when reviewing buysell items is that you gotta open all the posts and read all the reviews, comments, "hey, what color is it" and it constantly drifts from the post which you gotta look for, very inefficient and downright annoying.

I do like the coastal bc setup where the poster and date is listed below and you HAVE to PM the seller or call. However this site has the advantage that the seller could update the post once stuff is sold, it would also allow movement to the top of the list again. Also 3 basic categories of boards/sails or kites/ misc would help users look for stuff. How about THAT Dave?? I know we all have tons of requests or ideas, wish I could help build it but not exactly my thing :lol: I can barely keep my computer running as is....so thanks for all the efforts once again, much appreciated.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

I like it just the way it is, except wish we had a way of knowing when there were new posts to the buy/sell.

Maybe something like how we can choose which latest reports, we could choose whether or not to see the latest Buy/Sell forum posts?
Vive et Ama
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Suggestion was made by several people that new buy/sell items should be notified to everyone through the message board. Maybe make this suggestion at text on the forum buy/sell entry page?