WTF? missing threads?

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

~ pimp hand ~

WTF? missing threads?

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

seem to be missing a few diff threads now ... sup with that ? ... selective censorship? ... whatever, it's pretty ghey! ... try loosening that necktie a bit, i think it's affecting your decisions

ps, i can see u lurking ... getting ready to delete this post too? ... guess that would be too easy for you because then you wouldn't have to respond

F-ing BS!

hope to see you all IN the surf
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

I guess I'm just trying to run a wind and weather website here. I spent a LOT of time on it already and I don't like wasting my time deleting posts. I remove posts all the time, if yours are a high percentage of these then perhaps you need to look at what you are posting. The last post I deleted was someone calling someone else a dickhead, which I didn't think was too relevant to the site.

So please, I'm having enough trouble keeping the site going and I really don't want to waste more time talking about censorship etc. You are welcome to start your own website and post whatever you want on there. But since I'm running this website I have the choice to remove anything I feel is offensive to others or not relevant or wasting space.
thanks
dave
chewy

Post by chewy »

This is not a post to stir the pot or start something. PH, I see you are into surfing and territorial/ secretive about it. No problem, I know many others like that and agree with most of it. Obviously you don't drop names of some South Island spots to new surfers. If they are into it they can find the spots easy enough anyway. Yes, the line ups are getting crowded and will continue to every year, surfing is mainstream now, wearing surf brands is cool, having a surfboard is cool, doesn't mean these people can surf though right. On the other hand, by mentioning the waves are up or showing pictures on the cam on this website will not invite the masses to surf any more then they do already. The good old days of only a few people out at certain spots are over, thats the way it is. I think you are enticing more people into surfing because they want to find out what this secretive lure is that causes surfers to freak out when some one mentions a spot. Personally I had enough of surfing, I used to live/surf in San Diego and have never seen this kind of attitude. Good for me to get out and good for the surfers here, one less person in the line up.
Anyway basically just want to thank Dave for the work on his website and I agree with the deleted post 100%. Also thanks to all the windsurfers I have met and have helped learn to windsurf. Nice to get advice and commroderie instead of glares, stink eye and attitude. See you all soon.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Hey Dave, your site, your right to delete whatever you don't feel comfortable with, no justification is necessary. This is the best site of any internet windsport anywhere, professionally run and magazine-sponsored included.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

sorry dave, jim and everyone about going off on here ... i was a little worked up but i've had time to cool off ... please accept my apologies

i'm giving up on trying to maintain a 'low key' attitude ... 18 people out at M-Creek today
Last edited by ~ pimp hand ~ on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JL

Post by JL »

I hope you had a good session PH.......After talking to a few surfers today I can appreciate your frustration...Cheers Jim...
Thermals are good.

Post by Guest »

Last weekend everywhere was crazy busy - MC, JR and beyond . . . looked like a huge pod of seals in the water. The reality is with the sport becoming this popular you have to take on the same attitude as skiing - waiting for your turn is like waiting in line for the lift. You can get anxious and grumpy about it or you can chill and make the most of the ride when you finally get there (or go really early, conditions permitting).

Side benefit . . . lots of those new surfers are female so at least you can enjoy the show in the parking lot.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I kinda felt a bit of this last summer when I was being run into the beach once too many times by a zillion kiters at Kook Street on one of the few windier days....ranting and raving on the beach chucking my helmet, one finger saluting to the last offender. :evil: Nitinat same thing on weekends for sure. At least wind tends to blow at more places with larger user terrain than surf and you can always take the risk and sail upwind or waaaaay out but this issue is no different. I think that the old guest (BTW I am one of those that gets pissed off regarding the "guest" thing, how hard is it to type your name for ID if you are not a member?) did have the point about making the most of it....unfortunately PH is one of those souls who experienced surfing nirvana and now it's being slowly taken away which is heart wrenching, really. I guess it could be worse, not that I condone hunting per se but I understand the frustrations getting moose and bear tags etc. imagine getting a JR tag for the second Tuesday of next month.
PH is right in that drawing attention to the surf tends to excite users that might normally not consider going out....but hey, our webcams do this too, I suppose there's no real good answer except: Let's smile a whole bunch more when we do score and take ample beers and good tall stories for the days we don't or are forced to share too much of what's there. I have thought a fair bit about this and really maybe surfing info is best left a bit more shrouded, the hardcore users will find the info so let's be neutral and not spell it out for everyone where and when they might try to be one of those in line. How about if you want to share the surf news, PM someone and label photos secret spot or Mill Bay :lol: . 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
jjjim (mckenzie)

Post by jjjim (mckenzie) »

Way to go Dave. You done the right thing. We're here to have fun: to share our experiences of a sport we love and to help each other out. If that's too lame or sissy for some people that's too bad. You shouldn't have to babysit people. Your site is an admirable effort that I (if I had the skills) would be proud of.