EC Weather

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

EC Weather

Post by more force 4 »

Dave
A minor point - Some of the EC city reports have "Yesterday" with min - max temps, others don't. It would be useful for checking temp gradient between Tofino and Port Alberni (I wanted to see, as it did blow reasonably at the Nat yesterday, even with outflow conditions) but only one of the towns has yesterdays max. Is that just the way it comes in to you from EC? If not, could it be added sometime?
Tx

Morley
JL

Post by JL »

Nitinat cam sure would be nice !!! OR visitors to the lake posting pic's...Surely about half the campers haveImagewithImage!!!
Thermals are good.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: EC Weather

Post by bwd »

more force 4 wrote:Dave
A minor point - Some of the EC city reports have "Yesterday" with min - max temps, others don't....Is that just the way it comes in to you from EC? If not, could it be added sometime?
I link directly to the EC city pages so it's beyond my control. BUT if you use the "Past 24 hr conditions link" shown on the page it gives you yesterdays temps:
Port Alberni
Tofino

When I get some time I'd like to do some correlating to see if there is a relationship between the temps/west coast wind+direction/howe sound inflow+outflow to see if there's a simple model that could give an indication of the wind there. I'm sure it wouldn't be super accurate but even if was just a summary table giving the temperatures, sky conditions etc then that might help in the decision making.
dave
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I'd like to do some correlating to see if there is a relationship between the temps/west coast wind+direction/howe sound inflow+outflow to see if there's a simple model
Those were my thoughts. With gas prices so high, a day trip to Nitinat is out of the question on an iffy forcast (e.g., sunny but strong outflow with sunny and warm on the outer coast). But thats pretty much what we had yesterday and it still blew. I can remember other times when everything looked right but the wind was late or very light. I'm thinking a summer's worth of readings would work.

A cam a Nitinat could give us office-bound slaves a chance to collect the data of approx wind, current Tofino/Port temps (and the forecasted highs, since that what we base our decisions on) and some kind of pressure slope or forecasted wind direction & strength for Georgia/JdF.

Sounds like the Band has the cam working & is just awaiting some contract IT expertise to get it on the web (see earlier post by Nitinaht Brat).