What should I offer for this windsurfing package?

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Schooled

What should I offer for this windsurfing package?

Post by Schooled »

I'm looking at this stuff for sale, what is a reasonable cost?

Starboard 180 GO board
6.4 Sailworks sail
Carbon mast, one part fits in the other, with mast step
Boom

All gear is about 3-4 years old, has been used prehaps twice and may have just been set up on the sand. Looks brand new. It has been stored in a warm heated room, and all gear is sold together.

What should I offer?

Thanks.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Not really precise info here, it matters if the sailworks is a Retro (1/2 m, sizes) or Revo (sounds like a Winduro) or a beginner sail, what % carbon the mast is and how old, if the boom is carbon, alu and how old/worn. Sometimes people's estimate of age is a bit off....by a few years. There is a great diff between 3 and 6 years :roll: regardless of shape of the gear

I estimate-
Board $400-550 (popular, it will hold its value....for some reason)
Sail $10 to $200 (worth next to nothing probably)
Mast likely $75-100 tops (case of beers probably, not knowing what it is)
Boom likely $75-100 tops if it has decent lines (if pretty is all that matters here, scuffs lose $$)

Package is probably worth $700-$800 and will eventually sell for that, offer $600 (or $800 if he drives a 1991 Chevy Sprint or is freshly divorced and it's his wife's gear) and see what happens :roll: Depends how badly you want it I guess :wink: VWman has probably read this :lol:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
iamvwman

Go 180

Post by iamvwman »

Kus was right. I finally read your post. The 180 Go-board was only available up to 2003. I just sold a 2003 GO200 for $850 but it was practically new. The 180 would be a little more versatile and I would expect to pay up to $800 for the board alone(if it is in near new condition.) A new Go board will run you about $1400 + tax. As far as the rest of the rig goes, as Kus was saying depends on model and condition. Lots of gear available in the forum............

I have a "NEW" 2005 GO170 I would sell if interested, side fins too, for non-planing condtions