Nitinat this weekend?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Schooled

Nitinat this weekend?

Post by Schooled »

The weather forcasts for Tofino and Port Alberni say rain, but Randy's Nitinat forcast says it might be ok. There a good chance the winds will be above 18 knots at Nitinat this weekend?

Undecided on going...

Thanks
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat forecast

Post by Bobson »

Hey School'd,

I would listen to Randy, he knows what he's talking about and is able to get pretty specific for Nitinat because he's been doing it for, basically, EVER!! No offense Mr. K! :lol:

To me it doesn't look great right now but I'm thinking by tomorrow it will be looking alot better and the forecast from Enviro Canada will change too.

Hope this helps!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the randyreport:

Friday June 16, 2006 Weekend Nitinat Forecast

Wind Dudes and Divas,

Things look not too bad for this weekend. It looks like a high pressure might build in for this weekend. There is a low still up off the Queen Charlottes, but this is supposed to disappear. The jetstream is still going to be to the south of us which things will still be uncertain. Look for Clouds in the morning, with some clearing in the afternoon. It will likely rain at Nitinat tonight, but tomorrow and Sunday look OK. The Gorge also looks not too bad for this weekend. And there might even be some swell coming in for surfers.

See you at the Beach.
--

Randy Kashino
www.rkwave.ca
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

The AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA 1205 PM PDT FRI JUN 16 2006 sounds optimistic too.

http://www.ocs.orst.edu/pub_ftp/weather ... on.SEW.txt
I wish my TOW was longer!