Nitinat Summer Racing

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

shirts

Post by Bobson »

The people who ordered kids shirts are in.....sizes are XS-kids and M-kids.
My little girl who is 3 1/2 is wearing the XS and the M is in between an Adult Small.

I would say the XS would fit 3-6yrs and the Medium kids would fit 6-9yrs.

Penguin, DWD, Bean, W24x7, Tempy and Patrica A.

Kus your kids were inbetween a kids M and an adult small...I'll bring them both and you can pick which ones you want.
Kids shirts are only $10.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

we're excited!! thanks for all the effort B, Kus 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Windsurfish

Nice Shirts!

Post by Windsurfish »

Wow!!!

Can I pleeeeeaaasssseee have a L & a M T-shirt?

Thanks!!! :D :) :shock:
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

t-shirts

Post by Bobson »

:D I will be home tonight after 5pm so please come and pick up your shirts tonight!! :D If you need my address, please PM me.

I will be heading to Nitinat lake Thursday night so if you are up island I can meet you at the Cowichan Lake turnoff Thursday evening. I don't want to bring too many shirts up to the lake.

THANKS EVERYONE!! Especially those who bring me chocolate :shock: when they pick up their shirts......it makes me feel very HAPPY :P !!!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Alright! Thanks for this.

The weather looks like it is going to cooperate for Friday and Saturday. See you at Nitinaht on Friday Bobson!

White chocolate or dark??
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

forcast...

Post by Bobson »

My preference is milk chocolate but, really, they don't make bad chocolate. Yup, forcast for Friday and Sat for Tofino, 15/16 and for Port Alberni 20/21. Sunny on Friday and mostly sunny on Saturday. I think we're in for two good days the the lake!!! See you there MB!! I'm just packing up getting ready.

Anybody else coming to da :arrow: lake..??? :P
Swissmatt

Date?

Post by Swissmatt »

wooh wooh .. when's the Nitinat event happening? Did I miss a date shift?? Is it still the 20-23 or has that changed??? Please advise! Don't want to be missing that!!!

Swissmatt
* Just do it!*
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat events

Post by Bobson »

The Starboard/Serverne/AirRush demo being put on by Trident sports is the May long weekend 21/22/23. You haven't missed it. We will be running slalom races on the Sunday and Course racing on Saturday afternoon/evening. I will also have the GPS up there for speed trials to find out who is the fastest windsurfer/kiteboarder!!

Lots of fun, fun, fun!! :D :D :D
TURTLE

T-shirt

Post by TURTLE »

I am hopin' to see you Bobson fairly early on Friday to get the pick of shirts if you have any unspoken for.

See you Friday night!!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

May Long Weekend

Post by Bobson »

Yup, I'm planning on heading up on Friday AM Turtle. I'll bring the shirts. I'll hopefully be setting the racing buoys on Friday before it starts to get windy. File down those fins....it's going to be fun, fun, fast!?>

DOODS!!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Hey, this thread has hit 100 posts! A record BWD? Have a great time up there, may be able to join you Sunday night/Monday!
Morley
Starboard Steve

Post by Starboard Steve »

For those that will be joining us for the Slalom Series please ensure you understand these simplified rules of windsurfing before heading out on the course.

1) On opposite tacks, port keeps clear of starboard. A starboard sailor has their right hand closer to the mast. "Right hand in front has the right-of-way".

2) On the same tack, windward keeps clear of leeward. The guy down wind of you has the right of way.

3) On the same tack, the boat behind keeps clear of the boat ahead.

4) Avoid collisions. Rules are defensive to prevent collisions not offensive racing tactics.

5) When two or more sailors are jibing at a mark, the inside sailor is entitled to room to round the mark. The outside sailor(s) are required to go wide around the mark to provide room for the inside sailor(s).

6) The course will be announced at the 1:00 PM skippers meeting each Saturday at the message board. Races will be scheduled to begin at 1:30 pending weather conditions.

7) Heats will be started from the beach with a 3 minute count down. (Bring a water proof watch) Once the count down reaches zero the race begins. The start line is an imaginary line between two marks. Sailor's crossing over early will be disqualified from that heat.

8) Have fun out there!

A complete set of windsurfing competition rules is available on the International Windsurfing Associations web site: www.internationalwindsurfing.com
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

manoman, there go ALL of my racing strategies :evil: I think intimidation or points for size is permitted in most sports so a little contact should be permitted, no?? :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

main rule:
A sailor with a bigger gun has always right of way. Period.
Cancer must die!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Racing this weekend

Post by Bobson »

There will be racing held this weekend. Saturday afternoon for slalom racing and either Saturday evening or Sunday AM for course racing. This will be the first weekend for racing this summer, your points counting towards the championship at the end of the summer. :twisted:

Get your fast gear out and come and race. Two divisions will be run as long as there are enough entrants. Div. 1 is for keeners and Div. 2 is for funners. Remember to buy your BWD/Nitinat shirts for entry to the Summer Racing Series. :D You can purchase your shirts at the lake this weekend from Bobson which also include you in the draw to win a Garmin Foretrex 201 GPS Unit.

Also we'll be using a GPS to find out who will be the fastest speed freak on the lake. Poleskippers and Kiters are able to take part...really any wind powered craft can get in on this one. :P

I'll see you all up there this weekend!!....Hopefully!! 8)