Sailing on Sunday

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Sailing on Sunday

Post by Bobson »

:lol: Hey, I went down to I.V. on Sunday at 9AM and it was blowing about 12-15 from the NE gusting to 18. I rigged up my Ezzy 6.9 and my Ezzy 5.8 as the forcast was for more. So from 9:30 till Noon it was fan-flippin-tastic sailing....lots of speed sometimes overpowered on the 6.9 but usually just perfect. :D :D :D Then sometime after 12 it picked up and I changed to the 5.8(nice having it ready to go on grass)....pretty much just then the wind slowed to 8-10 but alot more gusty. I changed back to the 6.9 but it was too late....it became less gusty but never filled in again and stayed at 8-10 for the rest of the afternoon. I (foolishly) stayed out until 3:30pm hoping for more....never happened. A nice afternoon but not the exciting stuff that was there in the morning. :wink:

Anyways...funny story, I only have one uphaul line and when I changed to my 5.8 I moved it as I need the uphaul because my waterstarts aren't 100% yet and was worrried about wind dying, blah, blah, blah....when I changed back to my 6.9 I forgot to move the uphaul so first time I bit it I was quite a ways out and found out 'NO UPHAUL LINE' :shock: .....first thought....OH CRAP!! Second thought....jump in and start trying!!...third thought....winds too light, can't do it, climb on the board and start paddling!! Well...after about 10-15 minutes of trying....caught a gust and made it up....whew!!! One loud yell of accomplishment later and I was quite relieved!!!

So.....all in all about 7 hours of sailing and a slight cold but happy as a clam sandwich! LATER! :arrow: [smilie=drinkofbeer.gif]
wind_dummy

Re: Sailing on Sunday

Post by wind_dummy »

right on, right on Bobson!
that's dedication rewarded with 'stoke'
i've basically hung up my gear for the winter in hopes that i can get another summer out of it ...
the freezing cold N.E. has nothing to do with it :wink:
JL

Post by JL »

=D> way to go...another trick is to grab the foot of the sail and pull mast tip out of the water followed by a quick flip to boom!!!!
Thermals are good.