Nitinaht Store

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nitinaht_brat

Nitinaht Store

Post by nitinaht_brat »

The store out at Nitinaht is under new management as of April 15th, 2006.

Major renovations and additions are in progress - some of which are: an ice machine on site, seafood on the menu, expresso / cappaccino machine and stock improvements. We will once again carry kite and windsurf gear too. Public internet PCs are up and running. :lol:

I am just starting to stock up and I am looking for vendors / suppliers - email me if you know of anyone.....

We are open 8am - 10pm.

Jude
wade

Post by wade »

Sweet......
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Ice machine on site - that is going to get a lot of use, no more "delivery didn't come' on a long weekend! And the gear parts will be very welcome, might mean the diff between scrubbing a weekend and staying on when ya bust something. Longer hours good too. Any chance of a little more fresh veggies? I know these are hard to get/keep fresh.

I expect a lot of people will continue to come self-contained for their stay till they get used to the idea of a well-supplied store, but I'll try and give you my business!

Hows the wind today?

Great news Jude!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

This is excellent news. The store is an oasis. Thanks for looking after us windsurfing campers ...
I wish my TOW was longer!
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

you all should head in there for a boo in the weeks to come, you will be very pleasantly surprised, and each time you head in there should be more and better changes, it looks awsome!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Windsurfish

FANTASTIC!!!

Post by Windsurfish »

This is really great news. Thanks for the initiative - oasis is an understatement!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Good stuff :D My family and I have always tried to support the store regardless of level of service. It was tough on some days when no fuel or ice were available and bread or vegies were limited to one rather aged brand/type, but I am glad to see that that it is being addressed/ enhanced.

Just having the basics consistently and relatively fresh is all I have ever expected. The only other items I could ever think of needing were beer and propane.....I know the beer thing is a longshot, but re-charging propane cylinders or having some for trade in (like Crappy Tire does) would be another really good service to offer.

Looking forward to see some of the changes like internet access, that should make working from the campground that much easier. 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

adding an evening physio clinic would be sweet! :D
Ridelikehell

Post by Ridelikehell »

having a wireless router would be a good idea so those of us with laptops don't have to tie up the pc's. only costs about $40 more than a wired router.

I agree with kus on the fresh vegis, just the basics would be good, like some of those pre-bagged salads, peppers, etc. also some meat (beef,chicken brests,etc) would be good, and it's fine frozen so you can keep it in the store longer. can't wait!
TURTLE

Internet

Post by TURTLE »

Wow, internet, that changes Nitnat. Iwonder when Cell phone access will happen...
themorb

Post by themorb »

Yes, after driving 3 hours away from "real life" into one of the most beautiful places on earth, I want to sit in a stuffy store and check my email................. [smilie=hammer.gif]

This is coming from the hypocrite who brought his laptop to watch DVDs on the beach at night :P

I think my goal this year will be to not bring any electronics to Nitinat other than a flashlight and a digital camera. Not even a wristwatch.... :)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

yeah, very valid point...I just meant the internet would be great to be able to access at the store to check the weather and Pt. Renfrew etc. for a day trip :roll: I think there are a lot of us who enjoy the "roughing it" part of the Nat and getting away from it all. The store would provide that link to the outside world for long-term campers who have to check into work now and then, unlike me :wink:

8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey what you talking bout, "stuffy store" :shock: , you should head in there, it has already had some changes, and within another month or so, more major changes, I think everybody will be very happy with it all :D
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!