Harrison Lk BLowout. July 22-23 2006

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Cam
Website Donor
Website Donor

Harrison Lk BLowout. July 22-23 2006

Post by Cam »

c/o Carey Caronni
52575 Yale Road, R.R. 1
Rosedale, B.C.
Canada, V0X 1X0

June 2006

On Saturday July 22ndthe Harrison Windsurfing Society is presenting the return of the Bear Creek Blowout. This will be a twelve-mile downwind open class race, unlimited sail and board size. The race begins atBreakwater Beach at Harrison Hot Springs Village, and ends at Bear Creek Recreation and Windsurfing Park. On Sunday July 23rd we will hold slalom/course races off-shore at Breakwater Beach in Harrison Hot Springs. Enclosed you will find a copy of the race notice that we are sending out to shops, clubs, and magazines.

This has become an annual event (sixyears ago we revived the tradition). Our club is presently looking for corporate sponsors to help us make this year’s Blowout a successful, exciting event. We would greatly appreciate it if your company could help out either by providing products for prizes or with monetary donations to help defray our costs. Representatives from your company are invited to participate in the weekend events—they will certainly be welcomed! If you would like to provide product information seminars for participants, that can also be arranged. We are also looking for “experts” to help present clinics, demos, etc. If you have products that you would like to supply for demos, this is another possibility. You can be assured that your contribution, in whatever form it takes, will be acknowledged and publicized at the Blowout.

Enquiries, NOR & Application forms to

Posted by Cam Rawlinson
KC7777

Bear Creek Blowout

Post by KC7777 »

Hey all,

Regarding the Harrison Blowout....

I went in the Sunday slalom races last year, not the downwinder. I raced on an 8.5M and JP FreeRace. Ton's of fun. There were a lot of draw prizes given out as well. I took home a Dakine fin bag, Dakine T-shirt and a Chinook tendon base and Chinook base plate. All for the entrance fee which included a Blowout T-shirt (I can't remember what it cost to enter but it was reasonable...$30 or something?).

Later,

KC
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

This event is a blast and what a great place to sail, fresh water, fall in, take a drink, not yer huge waves and wind ripfest (usually you need a 6.5+ or a 5.0, med+ vol boards) unless you get really lucky at Bear Creek (like the Nat on a good day) but I'd highly recommend it from a wind community bonding perspective.
One of my best buddies stores my old schoolbus in Agassiz on his farm so if anyone's hard up to park/camp let me know :lol: 8)

Maybe I'll make it there, my last Blowout downwinder was awesome and also in 1987 :P Hope ya get some wind & sun, when you are there say hello to my buddy Frank who lives just below breakwater beach, he's the unlucky one who got hit by a drunk powerboater last year. He a gentle, quiet guy but loves company and beer!! (and has waterfront to camp on and will give you his shirt off his back if you ask for it) :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....