center the webpage?

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

colin

center the webpage?

Post by colin »

how about centering the webpage in your browser?
kite+waves=!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: center the webpage?

Post by bwd »

colin wrote:how about centering the webpage in your browser?
Hi Colin:

Good suggestion. I will add it to my to-do list. It's not a simple task but it would make the site look better. I know with large monitors and widescreen laptops the website looks very narrow and strange on the left side. I would also like to make the pages wider, but there are still quite a few people still using 800x600 resolution...
thanks
dave
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Yeah, the webpage is perfectly centred in my brower. This is still standard format, is it not? It is only very occasionally in my browsing that I don't get the whole page on my screen, so I assume most people are using the same resolution that I am (800x600).
Vive et Ama
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

800x600 is what graphics cards of 10 years ago were doing. Most now are capable of at least about 1280 by 1024, but many people leave them at the lower resolution because either they don't realize they can reset it to much higher, or they don't like the reduction in font sizes and find they can't read the screen as easily. (I think there's some age-related issues here :wink: ) The advantage to higher resolution is that you can fit a whole lot more stuff on your screen, and its still sharp. The apparent smaller font size can be helped by selecting font options in web browsers, etc, for "larger". They will then be about the same size as at 800x600, but much sharper, since the dots that make them are smaller, so it should actually be easier to read.