savage norwegian waves - - link is no good anymore--

Post links to cool kiteboarding or windsurfing sites with photos, videos or technique.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

savage norwegian waves - - link is no good anymore--

Post by downwind dave »

a little bit humbling after "surviving" a boom high day at jr..

http://www.smallfilms.org/
Last edited by downwind dave on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

boomheight? boomheight??? On average maybe, let's not downplay our waves yesterday 8)
During my second sesh on the outer bank all I saw was a looong wicked wall of howling water, you know the sound they make :shock: freaky :oops: and no wind to run away :x
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i was thinking more of the photos of me posted by penguin. they sure seemed bigger when i was out there.
anyway this video makes me proud to be 1/2 norwegian!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Most of the waves were a bit bigger than the photo's that I took, however, the waves were definately bigger towards Sewers. trouble is that they were not very powerful compared to the smaller ones. Generally the smaller waves had a better wall(for me anyway). Of course, all that probably changed on the higher tide.

I was in the water most of the time that you guys were, so I just snapped a few quick ones to try and give a general impression. It definately was picking up with the rising tide.

It was still excellent.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Those are bloody HUGE waves. I wanted to see more of some sequences; like, the guy who went over the shoulder of a biggish wave, but a massive mast-high plus wall of vertical white water was next - he looked like he was going for it, but did he chicken jibe first I wonder? we'll never know.... What happens if you bust a mast or get seperated from your kit in that stuff?? I presume the water and air in Norway isn't much different than here. Do you just die, bodysurf in, have a jetski rescue, or what?
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

llooks like the storm search to me

Post by voodmon »

polakow and dunks ???
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.