Motorized Petal bike - for commuting

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
TURTLE

Motorized Petal bike - for commuting

Post by TURTLE »

Anyone tried putting a motor on their pedal bike yet?

I have heard of people doing this and I have heard the vibrations are down and the friction of the belt pulley on the bike when you are not using it is much reduced.

http://www.bikeengines.com/
Starboard Steve

Post by Starboard Steve »

Before anyone goes out and buys a gas powered motor they should be aware that they'd only be allowed to operate it in their driveway or living room. Although I'd only do that for a short time though because those little engines pump massive amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Motor Assisted Cycles (MACs) must have an electric motor with a maximum output of 500 Watts and a top assisted speed of 32 km/h. MACs are permitted on the road and are currently permitted on the Goose and Lochside trails for a 1 year trial period.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

the "motor" on my pedal bike occasionaly lets off some foul emmissions but otherwise its generally dependable though performance does fluctuate quite a bit. as long as i keep the tank topped up and dont idle around too much it seems to run ok despite the high mileage. :roll:
Last edited by downwind dave on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

A bit off topic, but I like this idea: http://www.twike.com/. A pedal-assisted electric car that can go 80 kph. Seats two, and is covered. $26,000 US though.
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Umm...how about just pedaling...? :wink: