Sail Repair

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
TURTLE

Sail Repair

Post by TURTLE »

Does anyone know the name and number of people who fix panels of sails :?:

I have an 1999 Ezzy that I bought second hand and I should probably replace all the panels.

I have phoned one person on Foul Bay Rd but I haven't managed to make contact him.

Can anyone recommend where to have sails fixed :?:

Turtle
MMMike

sail repair

Post by MMMike »

Try Boson's Locker, downtown Victoria
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

sail repair

Post by Bobson »

:D Paul Betts down at Bosuns Locker is the best in my opinion. He has fixed my sails twice and the quality and price is excellent. :D
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

um well if all else fails i use tuct tape! about 13$ a roll but damn it holds to monofilm!
kuss

panels

Post by kuss »

la ventana, mexico, $100 all panels....why would you do that? Especially for an old Ezzy...
stephen. .

Tuct Tape

Post by stephen. . »

Where do you get Tuct tape?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

tuck tape

Post by KUS »

Hey St- it's the red & black, very thin tape ($14/roll, make sure the roll edge is not damaged or it will forever tear where you don't want it to) that you can get at any reasonably large hardware store. They use it to seal moisture barrier and the white building wrap you see on framed new houses. Sticks like s*** to a blanket :D but when you do get it off, there will be red residue forever. :? Great for fixing sails if clean, washed and mega dry :!: :!: , heat helps.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
TURTLE

Tuck tape and repair

Post by TURTLE »

I have about 6 holes patched with tuck tape on that sail already. The largest of which runs the length of one panel because I put the nose my board through it.

I used windex to clean the surface and then applied tuck tape. It worked for awhile but it tore along the seam and the tuck tape is usless on the seam and that is why I need a repair.

I bought my tuck tape (red) at Crappy Tire (Candian Tire) for around $10. It works good on most rips.

Turtle