One Less Dog on the Beach :(

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Windsurfish

One Less Dog on the Beach :(

Post by Windsurfish »

This may be a strange post on this site, but many of you know the dog of "bacon lake" and I felt you should know about this sudden occurrence. Yesterday was a very sad day for us – we lost Mug. He was intermittently acting strange with excessive stiffness etc, and Friday night late, he went downhill quickly. We did all we could, but he was bleeding internally in his abdomen. His clotting factors were not there, and the initial suspicion of rodent poison or a foreign object was ruled out by negative x-rays and strange bloodwork, and the likelyhood of a massive abdominal tumor. Despite successful blood transfusions, operating was not really an option without the ability to clot. He is now resting peacefully in a beautiful spot overlooking the brook behind our house. He enjoyed his last week on a trip to Nitinaht, where he was happy making the rounds to friends asking for bacon and playing on the beach. We will miss him very much. :cry: :cry: :cry:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Chris and Janet,

My deepest condolences go out to you. Losing a dog-friend is unbelievably hard and sad. I'll miss seeing him around. May he receive all the bacon and love in his next life that he desires.
Poultry in motion
johnz

Post by johnz »

I lost my dog Snoop in the same way last year. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Good friends are tough to see go.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Chris and Janet: that is very sad news, I'm so sorry. I'll miss seeing him around at CB. Mugs couldn't of had a better family to be part of.

Take care, hope to see you guys soon,
Dave
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Sorry to hear the news Chris and Janet,

- Tony
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Sandy Beach

mugs

Post by Sandy Beach »

sorry to hear of your loss, you guys.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Barb W

doggie heaven

Post by Barb W »

So sorry to hear of your loss of Mugs, I know how difficult it is. He may be up there with Cayoosh, (RIP April 09), chatting about all the good times at Nitinat, and what a great life they lived.
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

Chris and Janet ..... I am so sorry to hear about Mugs. Our dog buddies have an important place in our lives and deserve the recognition of their boundless enthusiasm and uncomplicated love.I know he leaves an empty space in your heart and home.
I will remember Mugs as a happy participant in our Nitinaht social circle.
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Chris and Janet, So very sorry to hear of your loss. Our furry friends give so much and expect so little in return. We lost our Ruus last year so know a little of the pain you are feeling right now. I'm sure Mugs knows you guys did the very best in all the care you gave. Regards Debs and Robby
windridergirl

1 Less Dog

Post by windridergirl »

Hi Chris and Janet,

We are very sorry to hear of the loss of your pal Mug. We will also miss him up at Nat. Especially Rosa :O. Thank you for writing to let us all know so that we can share in your mourning and send our heartfelt thoughts to you both. With warmth and caring....Lea and family
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Jeez Chris and Janet that sucks. I'm going to miss Mugsey. He was a sweet dog and always open to sharing his bacon with me. I am sad for you guys. Mike
I wish my TOW was longer!
BigD

dogs

Post by BigD »

Really sorry to hear that you guys. Just saw him on Wednesday and he was having a great time at Nitnat. I'm sure his spirit will always be there.

See you on the water in happier times soon.

Dallas & Rebecca
duckbill

condolenses

Post by duckbill »

mugs alway brought a smile to my face, I'll miss him at cb, he was like a mascot of the beach, so sorry for your loss.
like a duck to water
JAMES HIHO

condolenses

Post by JAMES HIHO »

Chris ande Janet - I am so sorry to read about your loss.
I know first hand , the pain is real and hard to bear
Mugs is at peace now.
James.
MY HEART BEATS , MY SOUL SOARS , I AM