alternative activities to "condition dependant" sp

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

alternative activities to "condition dependant" sp

Post by Joostio »

I know we are all wind junkies here. Sailing was my sole purpose for many years but I have evovlved. For many of us sailing is the be all end all and if conditions are good life is great. But what do people do when the conditions are not good. I also ski and there is the same problem, no powder, much less fun. Surfing: even more condition dependant. During my sailing hiatus ( I hate spelling) of 9 years I took up trials motorcycle ridding. I ride in rain, light snow, frost or even sunshine. Finally a sport I can do on a schedual. We have a group that goes out every sunday at 10, rain or shine, there may be a few less guys on the rainy days but you can always go. I am so happy to have an outlet that you can always do. I was wondering what sports the rest of you do.

here is a video link to a vid I madse of us ridding trials in the Comox valley.

part 1
http://vimeo.com/5990612

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKe-efTwG0

I apologize, the question mark is not working on my comp this am, I know I canèt spell but I am alright with punctuation.
BA

Post by BA »

Hey Joost, That looks like a great trail...although I'd rather try it on a bike without the motor. Where is that or is it your 'secret spot'?
I sometimes golf, however I am reluctant to book a round for fear that I may notice the trees swaying when I'm stuck on the 13th fairway.
Wakeboarding and kayaking in summer and skiing in winter are good 'fillers'. 8)
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

this is at Comox lake below Forbidden Plateau. Maps of the area can be purchased at local bike shops here in the valley. No secret spot, hikers, bikers, horses and lateyl 4x4's too. they have been hard on the trail and are not welcome. The trials ridders and mountain bikers get along well here. this trail system was started by trials bikes in the 60's and 70's before mountain bikes exsisted. My buddies I ride with remember guys comming out on 10 speeds with wider tires on these trails, and mountain biking was born.

The motor for me makes the trail less directional, althought many people pedal up, my hat is off to them!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i like long walks on the beach and curling up with a good book. 8)
AC

Fly fishing

Post by AC »

Fly fishing the next best thing to Golf, and shooting guns:)but the best is drinking beer.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

This is also a good alternative for a non windy day:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m881Qwxob90
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

thats pretty cool, I had no idea that existed. have you done it?
AC

:)

Post by AC »

j_dog
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: :)

Post by j_dog »

AC wrote:This looks lke fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1kGmOhzWQ
At first I thought it was pretty cool, put it hit pretty awesome at the 1 min mark.
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

Holy crap!

Post by voodmon »

Looks pretty insane in my book, all that rock and just a note to AC, my condolences to you for your loss, i didn't know till today and didn't recognise you yesterday with the hair change and dog, be gentle with yourself, i do understand where you are at, well sortof. Don't know what else to say, except that time is the greatest healer from my experiences with that sort of loss.
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.