Thieves at Nitinat!

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Thieves at Nitinat!

Post by winddoctor »

There is a thief or thieves operating at Nitinat. My wallet was stolen from my tent last Saturday afternoon. Apparently someone else also had their wallet pinched on the weekend. Beware of this devious scumbag! Looks like the carefree days of Nitinat are no more. Bummer.
KC7777

Thieves at the Nat

Post by KC7777 »

I agree.

I think KSD also had his wallet taken about 3-4 weeks ago.

Even worse, we had all the beer taken from our cooler one night.

So watch out....
Brick Top

theft at Nitnat

Post by Brick Top »

Ok taking a wallet is one thing. But taking BEER out of a cooler is in my opionion, a hanging offense (and there are lots of tree's to use at Nitnat) !!!

I pity the person that gets caught redhanded with someone else's property.
The last weekend we were there our freinds had all their beer stolen, and someone else had theirs taken too. It used to give me a great feeling to be able to leave things in my tent and not worry about them. Alas that feeling has gone.

Keep a watchful eye out up at the Nat.

Brick Top
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

hangings too good

Post by voodmon »

CUT THERE BALLS OFF first then hang them
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

This sucks! Welcome to the rest of the world Nitinat.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

When we arrived Sat noon, some people were leaving and we took their beach spot - they had all their wine taken and their friends had their beer lifted Friday night. I believe it was raining that night, someone must have been pretty intent on theivery. Our stuff was OK, but beer was locked overnight. BUmmer :evil:
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

bait and wait :twisted:
kitesurferdale

theives

Post by kitesurferdale »

Yup, things are happening, and it does seem to affect the mojo of the campground, and it does suck bigtime!! so lets all just be good neighbors and keep an eye out for others stuff and hopefully things will get back to normal. OH, yeh there is alot of new people coming out to the lake, lets not be strangers eh, if you see someone new don't be shy introduce yourself, get to know people, that is what I believe makes nitinaht so special, the atmosphere, the people and the friendships that have developed over the years.

D
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!

Post by Guest »

it sounds like alot of us got our alcohol stolen friday night. our cooler was right beside our tent. poof! it was gone. left us our food, but took our enjoyment away. next time we will be locking it up for sure!
asscrack

thieving

Post by asscrack »

This is "Bad"! This cannot be tolerated.Whoever is doing this must be caught.The Administration resonsible for collecting the campsite fee's must have to do the policing.There is a lot of money being collected.They must assume some responsiblity here.This has never happened in the past.Someone is coming and going from the campsite with a shit load of stuff.Perhaps without a day pass,most likely.The booth should be used to collect money and keep tabs on who comes and goes,at least untill the thieves are caught.some sort of security,performed by the #ADMINISTRATION#.We are paying the fee's which add up to a conciderable sum.They have been collecting since early May.Maybe this should be brought up,when it comes time to pay.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Vic

Thieves

Post by Vic »

Yes, this is the first time in 19 years there has been any activity like this.There is no way to police all the individual sites. Probably the best way to avoid losing personal property is to lock it in your vehicle. Of course all losses should be reported to the Ditidaht police and the Lake Cowichan RCMP. If any of you have a positive suspect please let me know, after you've dealt with him/her, and I'll take some action.

- Vic
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

remember to pack extra as when you are going to duct tape someone to a tree you need a lot of tape due to all the big spruce up there.
Russian Dood

dackt tape

Post by Russian Dood »

there is an easier way, just tie both thumbs and big toes (you can use one) together behind the back. You can use his own shoe lace for that, works great. :lol:
Brick Top

theft at nitnat

Post by Brick Top »

In the old days it was an acceptable punishment to lock the indiviual up in blocks in full view of the towns folk. As the day progressed the person was pelted with rotten food and other stinky things. A humiliating and just punishment me thinks.

Now all we need to do is catch the thief. Anyone have night vision goggles handy?

Brick Top
Vigilante

Post by Vigilante »

Hmmmm, think I will put a bunch or rat traps in my beer cooler and wait for the screams...