Accomodation in La Ventana

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
otisdadog

Accomodation in La Ventana

Post by otisdadog »

Can anyone recommend a place to stay, moderately priced starting after the 27th of December in La Ventana. I read the main campground is a bit of a zoo at this time. Also if you know of a good place to rent gear that be appreciated.

Thanks
BK

Post by BK »

Try Baja Joe's
Last edited by BK on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
j_dog
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by j_dog »

x2 on Baja joes
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

Yo Yo's is a more upscale campground than the big one and there are no RV's on the beach there and a generally younger crowd. not sure if they rent gear? Kurt and Marina's is good with a nice community style kitchen but hard to get into. I'll be in the arroyo. no service no showers, sometimes a homemade sauna, plenty of pyrotechnics and lots of fun :)

http://www.bestoflaventana.com/accommod ... ounds.html
curses - foiled again!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Baja Joe's was great for us too. For Steph's ankle, not so much (watch your step at night!).
Poultry in motion
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

yes - Baja Joe's is highly recommended! Camping is a bit cheaper and there is no camping at Joe unless you pass out on the beach.
curses - foiled again!
Cj

Post by Cj »

I camped at yoyos site a few seasons. It's just a few properties south of baja joes. I found it to have everything I wanted, beach launching area, hot showers, power, palapas to camp under. It's even the first stop for the bakery guy on thursdays. Last year it was 100pesos a night for a palapa spot, I stayed six weeks and cut a deal but yoyo only speaks spanish so good luck.
Attachments
IMG_9480.JPG
IMG_9480.JPG (949.97 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
somebody said " go fly a kite".
otisdadog

Post by otisdadog »

Thanks for the advice, trying to decide wether or not to rent a car when I'm down there, is there any need for a car or can you walk/stumble every where easy enough?

Thanks
Cj

Post by Cj »

Once you have all your gear and supplies to LaVentana there's not much need for a car. Especially if you want to save bucks!
What I've done in the past is rented a car at LosCabos airport( if that's where your flying to). Do your shopping and get yourself set up in LaVentana which is about a 3hr drive. Try to hook up with someone making a trip into LaPaz and return your car to the airport there. It costs 50bucks to drop it off and a different location but it's worth it if your staying long enough. Dude I wish I was going.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
otisdadog

Post by otisdadog »

Everyone thanks for the help, as far as wetsuits are concerned was thinking of just bringing a shorty, what do most people wear for wetsuits down there at this time of year?

C
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

Should be fine with just a shorty! I was in board shorts and a rashy just a week ago.
Why aren't YOU out there?