Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Stephanie

Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Post by Stephanie »

Now that we have your attention….. :D

There are some exciting updates to share about Paul’s (KiteKook) fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis so I’ve started a new catchy thread in hopes of engaging everyone’s curiosity (and donating mojo too!). There are just two weeks left to make your donation!

Firstly, if everyone pitches in and helps Paul achieve his goal of raising $40,000 by May 30th (if you haven’t read it already, please take a moment to check out my first post), he promises to indeed run naked in front of the Cook St webcam! Ok, maybe not run….he’s a bit short of breath these days….but he’ll give his best birthday suit shuffle.

And if that isn’t incentive enough, we have a bunch of really great swag to give away as prizes to our BWD donors. Regardless of the amount, if it's over $20 you’ll get one entry in to the draw (in other words, one entry per person). On average, there are 750-850 visitors to BWD every day (more if it’s windy) and if even half of our community donated $20, Paul would be well on his way to achieving his goal (and streaking down Cook St!).

Here is the list of prizes for our BWD Vive et Ama draw. We will pull names from a hat on May 31st – the 1st name will win the 1st prize listed, 2nd name will receive the 2nd prize and so on.

1. ONE FULL DAY KITE LESSON at Nitinat Lake from Strong Kiteboarding
2. Brand new HD Go Pro helmet camera from BWD
3. One windsurfing sail repair (any size repair - provided it can be repaired) from Paul Betts at Leitch Mcbride Custom Sailmakers
4. One kite repair (same details as above)
5. One pair of sunglasses from Xtreme Wear Glasses
6. One pair of sunglasses from Xtreme Wear Glasses
7. 60 min massage from Chris Curran RMT (Winddoc is a registered sports massage therapist)
BONUS: New prize and raffle just added by Ocean Rodeo! Check out the "NEW exciting news" at the bottom of this post

**A very special thanks to the generous folks who have donated these fantastic prizes!!

Here’s the link to make your donation. Once you’ve donated, please be sure to post a note on this forum thread with your details so that your name can be added to the draw. For example, Finn McKightberder (Shredhead69) - $20.

And here’s the list of BWD donators so far……please join the wind community in supporting one of our own and add your name to the draw!! (do let me know if I’ve missed or mis-ID’d anyone)

1. Paul Underhill (Kitekook) - $100
2. Steph and Chris Curran (Winddoc) - $100
3. Markus Koloska (Kus) - $100
4. Todd Horn - $20
5. Colin Green (Colin) - $100
6. Dave Billenness (BWD) - $100
7. Patricia Ashton (Jellyfish) - $100
8. BettyAnn Knappett (BA) - $200
9. Sandra Gentleman (SandyBeach) - $35
10. Stephen McPhee - $50
11. Jason Lewis (4J) - $50
12. Chris Johnson (CJ) - $100
13. Greg Innes (PastaDude) - $55
14. Geoffrey Wood (Geoffy) - $250
15. Ian Gastonguay (Teabag) - $100
16. Marie Leclerc - $55
17. Gordon Bell (Sculp) - $35
18. Raymund Vanderbyl (rvanderbyl) - $35
19. John Ballantyne (Johnnyman)- $40
20. Petley-Jones& Co (Eastside) - $100
21. Michael Blades (Mortontoemike) - $35
22. Deb London (Fluffy & RS) - $100
23. Anthony Warren (Keen) - $40
24. Mike Teachman (Morewind) - $100
25. Janet and Chris (the "Fishes") - $125
26. Mark Atkins - $100
27. Grant Watson - $100
28. Lindsey Browes (littlekitegirl) - $40
29. Dave Bergman (downwinddave) - $40
30. Andrei (RussianDude) - $100
31. Mike Wickman - $25
32. Barb Wallace - $50
33. Ewan Cadger - $125
34. Robert and Daniella - $100
35. Adam Steele - $55
36. Steph Sutherland - $35
37. Paul Gatto - $40
38. Thomas Kerr (ToesideT) - $77
39. Markus Koloska (Kus) - $50 ** he's a 2x enthusiastic donor!!
40. Sarah and Paul Neil (Mandowind) - $60
41. Ross Harrington - $300
42. Tony (Namoo) - $30
43. Kendra Bennett - $50
44. Chris Bennett (Vadardog) - $50
45. Simon Pearson (Spinetingler) - $100
46. Phil Montgomery (kayakdoc) - $100
47. Markus Koloska (Kus) - $25 ***now a 3rd time donor!!![/
48. Keith Lownie (KC777) - $50
49. Dale Moffatt (Kitsurferdale) - $35
50. Jim Laite (JL) - $50
51. Tanya (T) - $50
52. Ed - $100
53. Joe and Christina - $100
54. John MacMIllan (Scarlet) - $55
55. Sam Jackson (Samj) - $200
56. Bobson - $200
Note: BWD and the Curran's will be doing the draw so we will not be adding our names in to the hat

BWD Community Grand Total so far……= $4642

Please click here to make your donation.
And remember to please let us know on the forum that you've donated so we can add your name to the draw.

Paul would love, LOVE, LOVE to have as many people as possible join the Vive et Ama team as well. Please read these details and consider joining us :D

NEW exciting news!Ocean Rodeo has started a second draw via their website for a brand new Mako kiteboard. Please click here to check out the details. Big thanks to OR for their support!

Thanks everyone for supporting such an important event and organisation.
As Paul says....."helping the kids of today so they don't have to face the trials of CF - that is the real reason behind my drive to fundraise for the Great Strides Walk this year"
Last edited by Stephanie on Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Xtreme Wear Glasses is teaming up with Vive et Ama to help raise 40k for cystic fibrosis. Please visit their website, www.Xtremewearglasses.com (or click).

For every pair of glasses ordered, using our charity code, "Vive et Ama", Xtreme Wear will donate $15.00 to our cause.
This code is also good for $20.00 off of each pair of glasses for any customer. Use this code and pass it on to your friends as well. Your glasses will be shipped right to your door.

A big thanks to Pat of Xtreme Wear Glasses for your kind support!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Caught naked on Cook webcam!

Post by bwd »

Stephanie wrote:Firstly, if everyone pitches in and helps Paul achieve his goal of raising $40,000 by May 30th (if you haven’t read it already, please take a moment to check out my first post), he promises to indeed run naked in front of the Cook St webcam! Ok, maybe not run….he’s a bit short of breath these days….but he’ll give his best birthday suit shuffle.
:shock:

Great prizes and good support from the BWD community so far. It would sure be good to see more $20 (or more) donations :lol:
bwd wrote:I'd also like to say that there won't be a BWD website fundraiser until Fall so, this is it - the spring/summer fundraiser! To all the regular donors (thank you) please consider donating to this cause. The website is fine for money for now. It would be great to see many more $20 donations come in.
Last edited by bwd on Sun May 16, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

Fishes just added in. So great to see people in the community pull together for this!
Thanks Stephanie for bringing this to our attention.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

I am happy to support such a valid fundraiser. Thanks for your effort. Donated $25.00. MikeW :?
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

My employer just confirmed that they will match my donation. Unfortunately they donate "old school" and will be sending a cheque at the end of the month. This was the email I received:
This does meet our matching criteria and as such a cheque has been requested. It will be mailed into Toronto to CCFF with a letter indicating it is a matching donation for Sponsor Paul Underhill
Anyhoo, there is another $50 on its way...eventually.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Thanks Russian Dude! $100.00!
Poultry in motion
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I've been away from a computer for a couple of days (road trip) and wanted to say THANKS to everyone who has donated! Another $530 from the BWD community over the last 48hrs - keep the support rolling everyone :D

Watch for news from Bobson coming later today.....
Poultry in motion
Barb W

Post by Barb W »

here's a bit more, $50, from Barb Wallace.
Bobson

Fundraiser

Post by Bobson »

Check the Windsurfing Buy and Sell for a 2009 Sail with all proceeds going to this fundraising effort. Make an offer!! :D

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4477
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
adam

Post by adam »

hi Paul! another 55 in the pot... go Paul go!!
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Since we've had such an amazing and generous response from the BWD community, I wanted to let everyone know how much Paul is hoping in the final 12 days for a further outpouring of support. Here's a burb from an email he just sent out to his family and close friends....

A milestone has been reached today - we have now passed $10,000!
We have exactly 40 team members now, and I was hoping we could get 80 people averaging $500 fundraising each (=$40,000). So, all we need is everyone to get ONE more person to join the team!

And here's Paul's suggestion for how easy it is to be one of the Vive et Ama team and help with fundraising.....

The average person can get $100-$200 in donations by using only the email function in about 10 minutes of work (by forwarding to your freinds, family and co-workers). This also means joining the walk (in theory!), but if people are going to come, they might as well get sponsored!

Please consider joining the team and spreading the word by sending a note along to your contacts.
Including a link to this forum page (or the first Kitekook post) might be a good way to inspire everyone you know to make a small offering of support.

Details for attending the Great Strides event and walking with Paul on May 30th can be found here
Paul

Post by Paul »

Paul Gatto (Paul) $40

Great work guy!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

See: Buysell Forum for used boards 8'8" Open Ocean (95L?) Kinetic Slalom (110L), sales will contribute $25 each to CF

Lets keep this fundraiser on top of the list, people! Go, Paul Go! 8)

EDIT: well I thought I would join the team but I see there is that 3km walk expectation which I don't think I can do, believe it or not :roll: quite sad I know, my lungs work but my legs don't. Irony. So, maybe there is another way to promote Paul's cause. Can I pass along some formatted text to my contacts if I am NOT on the team? If you ARE on the team and have such a link can you PM it to me? thx for any info
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Hi Kus!

Thanks for keeping this going. I would welcome you to join the team!

Some team members can't walk at Royal Roads, but they still joined the team since the spirit of this is to fundraise. So, I would encourage you and all other injured folks (or folks who are going to be out of town) to <b>please</b> <a href="/http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID ... Pref=en-CA" target="_blank">join the team</a> and send a quick email to your contacts to see if they'd like to sponsor you in your efforts to raise funds for a great cause.

To keep a clear conscience,you may want to explain in your email to donors (or Facebook post) that you can't actually do the walk but are trying to raise money for a good cause!

Thanks again for your support!! :D

Paul
Last edited by Kite Kook on Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vive et Ama