Rentfrew Pachedaht to the KS log for next March?

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

Teabag

Rentfrew Pachedaht to the KS log for next March?

Post by Teabag »

Only if its possible or not too hard, can we add Rentfrew (Pacheedaht) to kitesurfing spot for the log? Or replace the Lagoon by Rentfrew?

Had at least 8-12 session last summer and could add lot more days from friends/acquintance that went there a lot while I was at the Nat. (this place is going as much if not more often than Cook or Gordon)

It is a good alternative to Nitinat Lake in late spring / early summer. Then Nitinat becomes better except during these days with 20+ kts westerly in JR and LB, which obviously make Rentfrew a lot better than the Nat because of the perfect waves.

Would be good if more people went so it would be easier to figure out exactly when the wind is very good. Such a nice place to kite. Tks for any input.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Windsurf-able too?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

RENfrew

Post by KUS »

RENfrew 8) can be sailed with bigger gear, had a couple of 5.8 days there

u can have lots of secret spot additions, TB.
As for Renfrew predictions it's similar to the Nat, needs sun inland (Lake Cow thernmal) and a westerly flow in the Strait. Ask Best Mark, he was stationed up there

I think perhaps Elk Lake could be removed as a prime venue too but it's all work and the secret spot thing works. LV might be up for an addition tho :wink: and CBS if this winter NE trend continues :lol:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Rentfrew Pachedaht to the KS log for next March?

Post by bwd »

Teabag wrote:Only if its possible or not too hard, can we add Rentfrew (Pacheedaht) to kitesurfing spot for the log? Or replace the Lagoon by Rentfrew?
Yeah maybe. I'll let RD answer if he wants. He's spending a lot of time getting the sailing log to work with the new phpBB3 forum, so upgrades probably aren't in the near future. Although adding site is fairly easy.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

It's not that difficult to add, replacing it would be a different story though :)
Cancer must die!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Teabag, anyone who's interested,

yesterday I drove from LkCow via Renfrew,
-had light winds at Pacheedaht one kite out, I'd say 12-14m, best wind maybe 6.0 at the river mouth
-JR came in half hour later around same, maybe a bit lighter (never seen it so flat BTW, like a puddle), not even a 3" wave
-Gordos was also lighter, 12G15 w/ decent shorebreak there, must be on a different ocean

I'd say Renfrew was the place to try things and the upgraded campground was pretty empty, lots of waterfront spots in the sun :twisted: they are now online and also take reservations, the camp has front row power and also water available. Improved since I was there last rousted by idiots doing doughnuts at 3am next to my trailer with little kids in it :roll: :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Tks Kus for the update, Neah Bay and Tattosh island were between 6 and 10 kts. It might have been Lysane and Todd kiting out there. Probably the 12m Wainman. You are right, the campground is a lot better now. Was it during May Long, Canada Day or August long the doughnuts around your camper?