Demo 10m Rise Please

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Teabag

Demo 10m Rise Please

Post by Teabag »

Is there anyone that could let me fly a Rise (10m or higher preferably). I just need to feel the bar pressure as I need to replace my Psycho4 10m lost to barnacale.

I just need to fly it for like 30sec to 1 min, no need to ride it. So I could launch it for you, just have a feel for it for 30sec, 1 min and we exchange it while it s in the air. (extremely easy to do if you havent done it alrdy)

Reuben? Larry? Any OR Rise 10m owner?

tks for the help (if any) :)
JL

Post by JL »

Your welcome to try my 9 or 11 8)
Thermals are good.
Martin

Re: Demo 10m Rise Please

Post by Martin »

Teabag wrote:we exchange it while it s in the air. (extremely easy to do if you havent done it alrdy)

:)
Please don't do this for the sake of saving 3 minutes of your time.
I have seen this procedure go very, very bad!
Thanks, martin
Martin

Post by Martin »

Teabag, sorry about the way I worded my last post. It sounds "preachy" which is not what I intended.
It is just that I have seen it end very badly.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Martin, its ok I have done this at least 15 times so far, everytime it went well and none of the times came even remotely close to something going wrong. I find it extremely easy to do and only takes 5 - 15 secondes.

Obviously I wouldnt do this when its a NW at cook street due to extreme gust. And if something goes wrong you just let go the bar (one of the two is attach to safety line).

Jim thanks for the offer, could I drive to Sydney on Saturday morning, grab the 11m kite/pump/barlines and bring it back to you Sat night (suppose to windy windy tomorrow at cook)?

If not is there anyone kiting cook street Saturday with a 10-12-14 m Rise that wouldnt mind doing this?
Anyone wanting to try the Speed3 feel free to ask as well (doesnt matter if you have a rise or not)
Vik

Re: Demo 10m Rise Please

Post by Vik »

Teabag wrote:Is there anyone that could let me fly a Rise (10m or higher preferably). I just need to feel the bar pressure as I need to replace my Psycho4 10m lost to barnacale.

I just need to fly it for like 30sec to 1 min, no need to ride it. So I could launch it for you, just have a feel for it for 30sec, 1 min and we exchange it while it s in the air. (extremely easy to do if you havent done it alrdy)

Reuben? Larry? Any OR Rise 10m owner?

tks for the help (if any) :)
You can ride my 10m Rise at Nitnaht - we'll be there starting first weekend in June unless it looks grim. My Rises have the lightest bar pressure of any kite I've tried.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Martin

Post by Martin »

Teabag, also realized that you are on foils which auto-zenith which is quite different.
I don't have a Rise but do have 2011 7m,8m,9m, North Rebels which I would be happy to let you try. The bar pressure on the rebels has come down substantially but still has a nice feel.
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

Teabag, I have a 12M OR One kite that I could let you try. It is still crispy.
icurumba
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by icurumba »

Teabag,
Richard from Ocean Rodeo chiming in,...
I have a few kites you can try over the weekend/ 2011 10m Razor, 7m Rise and 6m Rise. (with 50cm bar/lines ect). Your welcome to use over the weekend as I wont be kiting sat/sunday (will need back on Monday however). This is OR demo gear.
email me your cell # and we can arrange a pickup.
Last edited by icurumba on Sat May 07, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AC

hey Ian

Post by AC »

I have an 8 meter Razor if you want to try it
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Thanks for all for the offer, I shouldnt have writte that I wanted to demo it, just need to feel the bar pressure from a 10m and/or above size as I am pretty sure it is the Rise ill go with.

Unless the rebel bar pressure really lowered compare to the 2008,

Or unless my 12m get repaired sooner than I though in which case I might wait until they create the speed4 (hopefully in 10m size, that would be a dream kite!!!, for jumping anyway)

Once again tks for all the offers, Ian
Globe

Post by Globe »

love my 2010 rises Ian - you won't be disappointed. welcome to try mine as well of course.