All My Kite Gear Stolen Off Dallas Road Beach!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
BigDog21

All My Kite Gear Stolen Off Dallas Road Beach!

Post by BigDog21 »

Hi All,

This is a very sad day for me as my new 2011 North Rebel 9m, 2010 North Trust Bar - 5th Element, North Kite bag, Mystic Shadow White Waist Harness size medium, Mystic crown helmet, and kite surfing sun glasses were all stolen off of Dallas Road beach at the rigging area. I also lost my twin tip board in the ocean and went to look for it after I body dragged in. I left my kite and gear to dry on the beach and walked down the beach to see if my board had washed a shore only to come back 30-40 mintues later to find all my kite gear gone. This would have happened bwtween 8pm and 8:45pm. There were only 4 other kiters left on the beach and three of them were leaving and one was on the water.

So not only did I loose my Airush FS white top/ flourescent orange bottom with airush 60mm fins kite board, but I came back to find all my gear gone! Now I have no gear other than the wetsuit and impact vest and gloves as I was wearing those. I just want my gear back so if anyone has it please just email me at and I can come and pick it up no questions asked. My whole Summer vacation time has been planned around kiteboarding and now I have had $2500 in gear stolen and lost my $800 kiteboard so this is devastating to me. If anyone has any information at all please, please contact me at the above email address. I am desperate to get my gear back.

Thanks to everyone who reads this!

If anyone sees anything I mentioned above being sold on used victoria, craigslist, or kijiji please let me know.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Lol, your stuff didn’t get stolen, we secure it when we saw that it has been sitting there for a loooong loooong time (45 minutes at least). We walk around to see if there was an owner but didn’t see any. We left @ 20h45 and nobody without a wetsuit was in sight.

Reuben was walking the dogs and offer me to pack/take the kite since he live near cook st. I didn’t bother posting here because I got caught on the TV post riot news and I thought Reuben post right away.

As for your board you should have wave your arm and yell towards the last kiter on the water (it was me), I would have come to the beach ask you what you wanted, you would have told me you lost your board and it would have been a huge pleasure for me to try to find your board, and trust me I would have been happier than you to find it. So many people help me out so much with ride back to shore, bringing back my board when I couldn’t get upwind, etc...

You know when you throw a stick to a dog, well that would have been me trying to find your board (wind was light anyway).

Did you put your phone number on it?

There was a brand new kite, new harness and a pair of glass and a helmet. Reuben will contact you, or contact him on here; it is not 57palm but the other Reuben. (not sure of his bwd nickname)

(sorry for the frenglish)
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Oooops, almost forgot, you could have wave your arms towards any kiter still on the water explaining your lost board, I am pretty sure that it would have been a pleasure for them helping in finding your board (at least 90% of them, if not 100%).
cguygo

Post by cguygo »

this is a happy ending to a scary story. cant say i feel easy about leaving my gear on the beach when im out on the water but i still believe in an honest public. maybe we could build a secret bwd lair in the kook st cliffs to secure our shore gear? must be able to hold a bicycle too. may aswell install a communal aircompressor aswell while we're at it :P
BigDog21

Post by BigDog21 »

Thanks Ian and Rueben! They kept my gear safe and I have it all back now.

My kiteboard is still out there somewhere either floating in the straight or someone has it and has not contacted me. I find it hard to believe it has not washed ashore as I was no more than 300 yards off shore when I lost it and with side on waves and current, it had to have come into the beach and I have walked the whole thing twice plus in front of Ross Bay cemetary too.

If anyone has it or knows who has it please let me know. I am going to keep my eye out on used vic, kijiji, and craigslist.

Thanks all!

Richard
skywalker

HAAAAAAAA

Post by skywalker »

Hahahahahaa

Moral of the story: Dont leave your sh*% on the beach for an hour

Teabag- once again you emerge as a local hero. Right on!
JL

Post by JL »

Write your name & contact info on your board :?
Thermals are good.
BigDog21

Post by BigDog21 »

My name and contact info are on my board!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I lost one a few years ago at Kook and it ended up on Trial Island--sometimes the current overules the wind.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!