Trailer ditching on route to nitinat

Add photos, maps and directions to sailing spots on or off the Island.
xmyxlife

Trailer ditching on route to nitinat

Post by xmyxlife »

My parents are in town next weekend for some windsurfing fun, and are looking to hit up nitinat. They do however have a truck with a trailer and were wondering what the deal is with the campsites just at the start of the gravel on cowichan lake. Does anybody know anything about these sites? Are they pay sites or require reservations? They're hoping to leave the trailer there during the day and make the logging road drive back at night. Any into would be mucho appreciated. Thanks!
-Steve
Turn Down The Suck!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

If you are talking about the TimberWest sites those are pay sites.

Why don't they just take the trailer to Nitinat? I saw a guy do it a couple times last summer in a new Nissan 240 (or whatever the new 2 door sports car is called), and apparantly the road is even better this year, surely a trailer is no issue. Unless you are talking about a semi-truck trailer, then I'd say you can probably park that sucker on the side of any wide shouldered road you find on the way out there for the day.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Trailer ditching on route to nitinat

Post by KUS »

xmyxlife wrote:My parents are in town next weekend for some windsurfing fun, and are looking to hit up nitinat. They do however have a truck with a trailer and were wondering what the deal is with the campsites just at the start of the gravel on cowichan lake.
Steve, I have a fully serviced lakefront and creekside RV site in Lake Cowichan on Beaver Lake they are welcome to use as it is at this point vacant. It is on the Mesachie side w/ golf and fishing nearby. Let me know. 592-3392
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Cj

Post by Cj »

That's pretty nice of you Kus... I thought you wanted people to think your an a$$hole. haha.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
blackdogvan

Post by blackdogvan »

The north road is pretty great these days, the only section that was gnarly was between the village & the campsite.
xmyxlife

Post by xmyxlife »

Awesome thanks everyone. Kus i may give you a ring on thursday when my parents get here after we can discuss our options. Hopefully the weather turns around or it might be a SUP session in the rain.
Turn Down The Suck!