Old vs New - article

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
windsurf247

Old vs New - article

Post by windsurf247 »

rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

No wonder you keep adding to your fleet of aging boards. Not to mention pissing everyone off who went and bought new gear thinking they would be the fatest I mean fastest on the water. :lol:
Why aren't YOU out there?
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Interesting article. I wish even magazines didn't misspell 'planing' with two n's though!! Oh, and they spelled it plaining another time. How many offers have you had Rob for that old 115 litre board I sailed (and offered to buy) last summer? It was so smooth through the chop and jibed like it was on banked rails. And I wished I'd had something with a long narrow tail in the Gorge. I bet all the designers go 'retro' in the next few years, and we'll again see fast, narrow-tailed boards that deliver an exciting ride, even if they don't plane so easily.
windsurf247

old gear

Post by windsurf247 »

Yup, old gear definitely still has some appeal, for some anyways. It's especially good if the local super-x course is full of hard inanimate obstacles :lol: A few less tears when you don't quite clear them.
And yes MF4, that board is still around. It's in line with a few others for some surgery :lol: It is one sweet ride!
xmyxlife

Re: old gear

Post by xmyxlife »

If you want real fun, you want the old board! In a straight line, you may only be going slightly faster, but you feel like you are at lightspeed (and about to die)
I dono, my board is a 2010 and i feel like i'm about to die 80% of the time. Although sadly i must admit that rob's vintage mistral seems to go 1.3x faster than me. Not very good for business rob, making the customers look bad. :lol:
Turn Down The Suck!
duckbill

Post by duckbill »

mmm... maybe its timely to post my old 2001 screamer for sale again in the buy sell forum. Who wants to start the bidding?
like a duck to water