Asscrack Day

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
BK

Asscrack Day

Post by BK »

Hey all,
It's
Getting to be that time of year again...
April 2 is right around the corner. It would sure be nice to have a get together in ol' Johnny's name...!
Any suggestions..?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Asscrack Day

Post by KUS »

BK wrote: Any suggestions..?
Thx Bille, sounds fun.....and anywhere is pretty great...except the Penny Farthing oldfartlandoverpriced pub

Can we maybe get a burn permit from CRD and have a roaring fire and pseudo-campout BBQ @IV? T: 250.478.3344 | E:

If no interest we could book the Smugglers upper deck seating and have Windsurf & Kite DVD's running :twisted: Beagle is great too :idea: and you don't need a TV to watch :wink: 8)

but I really like the roaring fire with our own drinks & entertainment idea :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Sandy Beach

party in JR's memory

Post by Sandy Beach »

Sign me up if it happens on Monday, April 2nd! I like Kus' idea of Island View and great thinking/forethought on your part, BK. Thanks, what a community :D
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

I have an operation on Mar 29th, but I will be with you guys in my mind.
Cancer must die!
JL

Post by JL »

If we have a fire S. of the boat ramp we are not in the CRD park. I like the idea KUS 8)
Thermals are good.
BK

Post by BK »

I'm all for the fire as well, but unfortunately after making some calls today, it sounds like no fires period. I am waiting to hear back from Oceanside rv park... They have a fire pit area suitable for our needs but parking is a big issue.
Todd Horn has suggested the brewery tour as an option, which isn't a bad idea. My only concern is that we wouldn't have the option to just drop by at anytime... Kinda have to sign up for it sort of thing...
We could even just head to the Beagle... Pretty sure Johnny left some of his spirit there...on more than one occasion I'm sure... ;)
BK

Post by BK »

Hey all.
Just got word back from Oceanside rv park... No go for us. They don't have enough parking to accommodate us and there would be no alcohol permitted.
Would everyone be okay with the Beagle Pub in Cook st. Village?
I will try call them later today to see if we can reserve some room there.
Hope this works for everyone.
Sandy Beach

Beagle Pub, Mon, April 2

Post by Sandy Beach »

BK wrote:Hey all.
Just got word back from Oceanside rv park... No go for us. They don't have enough parking to accommodate us and there would be no alcohol permitted.
Would everyone be okay with the Beagle Pub in Cook st. Village?
I will try call them later today to see if we can reserve some room there.
Hope this works for everyone.
Thank-you for following up with this, BK! Beagle Pub sounds great, would 5:30ish work ok? Looking forward to seeing many of you there. We will miss you, RD and continuuing to send our healing thoughts your way.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thank you BK. I am in! and the trusty Beagle never fails.
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

Asscrack

Post by voodmon »

I am very sure that Johnny is crackin big air on mars right now and having fun with all of his past girlfriends there too, his new ones too. Yes. He was an Icon, someone to be looked up to. he was a guy who cut the grass for the city in front of where I lived, he was the guy who chainsawed his way to the river at nitinat, he was a very wonderful guy, a windsurfer, who made sails with exotic materials, he was outside of the box always, but, just a wonderful man to all of us that knew him. This on going thing to remember him is wonderful to say the least and I love that, we have now 2 chairs at dallas rd, how many chairs will there be? I know Kuz wants one and perhaps BWD deserves one, perhaps we should get together and build bleachers for the spectators. Dallas rd is my back yard and has been for a while and when I go or choose to go I would hope that you and all of you remember me for my voodoos also, and then Johny and I can talk sail tech and laminates in outer space.
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Asscrack

Post by KUS »

voodmon wrote:how many chairs will there be? I know Kuz wants one ....
just footprints and memories, my friend :!:

CRD response proves that asking responsible questions gets lots of answers, usually the ones you don't want :? Too bad. Thx for inquiring.

Beagle works I guess but pretty loud in there usually, thought perhaps more socializing could happen around a quiet fire...maybe I will pick up one of those stupid burn-ban propane firepit things afterall :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
AC

:)

Post by AC »

we can drive balls off the Estate:) 8)
BK

Post by BK »

Beagle or I.V. ?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Don't forget the weather has been a bit crazy lately and IV may or may not be a hit.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I talked to the manager at the Beagle!
We have a reservation for 15 plus people or so at the raised section around 7ish which will be lost around 7:30ish.
So starting at 6:30 he will stop seating people in that space for us to fill.

I hope this meets everyone's liking.