Our first Nitnaht session of 2012...

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Vik

Our first Nitnaht session of 2012...

Post by Vik »

Happy to get out to Nitnaht with my GF and buddy for our first lake session of 2012... :D

Great to see a bunch of the regular wind fanatics out for a taste of early season fun.

Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Vik

Post by Vik »

We had a great day of sailing at Nitnaht Saturday. Seemed like the lake and campground were virtually empty. Just the three of us on the water for a good long stretch.

I love the early season sessions for all the real estate we get to enjoy without having to share... :D

Fun 8m strapless session. Nice to see the Elevation crew in full effect starting lessons for the 2012 season... :D
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Vik

Post by Vik »

Last year about this time I got sick of sitting on the beach during the seemingly frequent light winds. Not to mention wasting my time and gas $$ driving to a launch.

So I scored a Blade Fat Lady 17m kite. Fast forward to this year and she's my session saver secret weapon... :wink: If there is any wind at all I'll be out riding.

http://thelazyrando.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -fat-lady/

Although she's big - she's also light and lively to fly [about the same as most 12m kites] and she fits fine on my motorcycle for quick runs to the lake.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Nice pics, great to see colour jumping out of regular grey and green world.

And if I may say so, I like your style ... showing up on a motorcycle, with a kite quiver ready for whatever conditions you may come across. A tip of the hat to you, or a <slow> like in the ads. Nicely done.
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

^agreeed. Where do you put your board?!
Vik

Post by Vik »

SmallWaveSteve wrote:^agreeed. Where do you put your board?!
Carrying a twin tip under the kite across the rear of the bike is easy. I'm scheming of a side mounted rack so I can carry a small 5' surfboard with me... :twisted:

I also cheat at Nitaht by leaving some gear at the lake [like a surfboard] so I can ride with less stuff.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Alexk

Post by Alexk »

Is the shop open and wifi internet working?
Vik

Post by Vik »

Alexk wrote:Is the shop open and wifi internet working?
Apparently the gas station is open. I haven't been by to see what's what yet.

Folks are getting email somewhere in town....not sure if it's the store or not. They can't get web access for some reason. I haven't tried myself so I'm not able to provide more details.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
albertaboys

Post by albertaboys »

Can anyone confirm that the store is open?
Just wondering if one can get water/ice, or if we need to truck it in.
KC7777

Store

Post by KC7777 »

Hi,

Just spent 5 days there:

Store is open....but they have really nothing for sale, but the restaurant is open. All the store is selling is a few propane bottles, a few hoodies and some candy. That is it. There was no ice at the store when I was there.

You can buy ice from the Nitinat motel office.

There is also water available from a hose on the community center building beside the motel (not the store building).

There was a computer set up in the store that is free to use.

There was a wifi password written on a piece of paper beside the computer in the store.....BigD took a pic of it with his phone. Maybe he could post it here?

In the store there are also 2 - 3 ADSL cords and power cables that you can plug into your laptop. I did this a few times and it worked great for internet access.

They came around sporadically (saw them once in 5 days) to collect camp fees in the campground.

Keith
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Store

Post by KUS »

KC7777 wrote:They came around sporadically (saw them once in 5 days) to collect camp fees in the campground.
get a parks receipt then? I wonder if anyone in the village even cares or if it benefits them at all....see Heffe's thread.

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewto ... 1300#31300

payment to pay the guy collecting the payment :?: :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Should be lots of ice at the store - did you ask? Cac delivered a whole pickup-load into the inside back freezer the day I was there (he has an ice-plant for his fish business). I don't know what they are asking for it.
BigD

wifi

Post by BigD »

Wifi password was:

3e4693da

Not that you will be able to read this post if you are at Nitnat and don't have wifi!
Vik

Post by Vik »

A photo from last weekend at NN. :D
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com