Fee Parks, Washington St

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Fee Parks, Washington St

Post by KUS »

Excited to get a killer parking spot at Doug's today to find "fee parking" signage...This apparently in effect since last summer....News to me :evil: lucky to locate park dood & got a 2 vehicles for 1 deal for $30. It appears you are permitted to have more than one license plate on the pass.....Didn't ask many questions about if you have to have the same address or mother, etc. :wink:

Otherwise w/out annual pass and no park dood in attendance!! (you cannot buy a season pass a the park otherwise) you pay $10/day :shock: This includes the Hatch BTW :!: I am amazed there was no info or thread on this from ANYONE :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
altoning

Re: Fee Parks, Washington St

Post by altoning »

KUS wrote:Excited to get a killer parking spot at Doug's today to find "fee parking" signage...This apparently in effect since last summer....News to me :evil: lucky to locate park dood & got a 2 vehicles for 1 deal for $30. It appears you are permitted to have more than one license plate on the pass.....Didn't ask many questions about if you have to have the same address or mother, etc. :wink:

Otherwise w/out annual pass and no park dood in attendance!! (you cannot buy a season pass a the park otherwise) you pay $10/day :shock: This includes the Hatch BTW :!: I am amazed there was no info or thread on this from ANYONE :roll:
Because the user fee was just introduced last summer, it wasn't strictly enforced and I got away without paying last year. This year they have started ticketing vehicles so it's best to pay the annual $30 pass if you plan to return. Last weekend, I went to Roosevelt (on the Washington side) which still is free.

Instead of waiting for the park ranger, you can purchase the pass for $35 (includes dealer fees and transaction cost) at the "Bridge Mart" 76 gas station at the north east end of the Hood River bridge. You can also purchase the pass online at http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/.

More detail at http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22453