The Nitinat rules

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
skywalker

The Nitinat rules

Post by skywalker »

No whining just w-etiquette

List the rules, imaginary or otherwise that will keep Nit functioning with no Drama.
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

NO BONGOES. EVER!
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Never (try to) walk past the sauna with a drink in your hand after 7:00 pm if Teabag is sitting around the campfire and you want to kite the next day.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I hope Terrapin chimes in here... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Some suggestion:

- Bring your smiles, good vibes, and positive attitude with you.

- Bring all of your garbage back with you + (try to) bring more back if you can.

- Don't cook fish in the Sauna.

- Sauna users, when you leave on Sunday, (try to) cut more fire wood than there was when you arrived on Friday.

- Don't be nude in the hot tube (if you are a male), don’t be nude in the Sauna (if you are a male) and don’t dance in your red underwear around the fire beside the sauna (if you are a male).

- Respect kite schools/sea doo, without them it would be a huge gong show out there and probably more injuries possibly death would have happened if they weren't there.

- Never, I repeat NEVER provoke Trogdor, especially when he is sleeping.

- Close the toilet lid after use in the OutHouse, PLEASE!!!

This one I am not sure: ---> I was wrong, there is no WS zone, only a no launching/landing kite zone, thanks Cindy for the wiki article.
Last edited by Teabag on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Some things I'd love to see:

- kiters rigging their lines right before they launch so we don't have lines all over the beach...especially on busy weekends when space is at a premium.

- when you want to land a kite don't drop it on the beach until there is someone ready to catch it. Unless it's an emergency keep it in the air and get someone's attention. This will save abuse to other kites already on the beach and kiters who have to run to grab a kite that's bouncing around on the ground. These folks frequently step on other people's gear or hurt themselves chasing your kite.

- on busy weekends it's safer to launch out in the water away from the beach where your failed launch won't hurt you or other people.
Last edited by Vik on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

the point with the comment on the message board was that everyone should be respectful (not claiming land or air) and if someone does happen to cross that line (which is a respect / etiquette issue) then don't have a cow and start bitching at the kiter who is already in the wrong area.. not by choice. It doesn't help the situation and I suspect that some knobs have already messed up this respectful comprimise in the past.

I have self landed my kite in that area from the beach over the water without disturbing anyone and can feel the glares from windsurfers!!
sorry dude(s) I gotta do what I gotta do.
slats

Post by slats »

No poofdahs!
smartang

Post by smartang »

ghkafvjyhb
Last edited by smartang on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Sorry Smartang to have stopped your dream from coming true :(

I forgot to put some smiley faces when writing the post above. Trogdor doesn't exist btw. I am not "complaining" about the toilet seat or angry about it, take it with a grain of salt.

Was just trying to put some random stuff out there. (like the red underwear guy dancing around the fire, the nude guy in the hot tub or cooking fish in the sauna are just past story that may bring smiles to some people when reading this).

Thanks to Cindy, I didnt remember the wiki link, I was wrong about thinking that there was a no entering WS zone all these years. Will edit my post above.

The Wiki said the only restriction is that you cant launch / land in that campsite. So you can kite everywhere, they can WS everywhere. My english in 2003-2008 was a lot worse than it is now, and seeing all these incidents back then (from learner kiteboarder screwing up WS mast etc...) I though that we were not allowed in that zone, it made sense to me. I cant believe that I was coming back before the campsite as oppose to wait at the end of the campsite, I would be pro by now!!! lol. (It was intimidating anyway to go through all that traffic, so I am still happy of my choice)

I also wasn't aware that WS only account for 5% of water users at Nitinaht this year. I couldn't make it there this summer, I guess it has changed a lot from last year. This mean that there is only 5-6 windsurfer per day at the Nat now? Well I am pretty sure that the wiki has to change and that very small portion of 5 or 6 WS will be happy to do so, they are not that selfish afterall.

But if its like last summer (and previous ones) there are still lots of them with entire famillies, and to me its no big deal to respect the no launching/landing in that area. But everyone is different I guess.

gtg, Ian
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

no there is more like 20-30 windsurfers so, there must be 600 something kites. :lol:
Nosey

Post by Nosey »

Last time i was there ( 2 weeks ago) it was more like 45 KB to 8 WS.....so that's still a majority, I say we vote them off the island!!!!!!!! :twisted:
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

if you've got an explosive shit to take care of make sure it lands in the hole of the can not the floor and walls!!
Alexk

Post by Alexk »

Don't go and dump your litter at the notice board by the beach - really? wtf!