New 24hr plots

What's new on the website
bwd
Developer
Developer

New 24hr plots

Post by bwd »

Here are some much improved plots for each of the wind sites. It's something I've been working on and off since October. The data is saved and read from a database and the plots are made dynamically. I hope to upgrade the monthly Archive plots to something similar (at some point).

Here are some features:

-Archived data See the daily plots from previous dates (I have data going back to 2003 that I still have to get into the database).

-Live updating If you are on Todays plot, the plot updates automatically and displays new data

-Click the dimmed legend text to show temperature, pressure and waves (if available).

-Model1 = University of Washington WRF-GFS 4km model updated at ~910am/910pm.

-Model2 = 2.5km GEM-LAM WEST Model from Environment Canada updated ~1030am/1030pm.

-Click the graph, hold and swipe to select a time segment to zoom in to. Use the Reset zoom button to zoom out.

-For archived data, click the date and select the day from the calendar, or use the Previous Next Today buttons.

-Use the buttons at the top right to print or save the plot as a png, jpg or PDF.

-Grey background = night, yellow background = day.

Find them on the Latest Reports page, under 24hr plots at the top left or from:

If you like the older smaller popup plots you can still find them if you use the South Island maps (google and non google).
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
JL

Post by JL »

Awesome :P
Thermals are good.
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

I know I'm a little late to the party, but thanks for the work on this Dave, it looks awesome!