San Carlos Mid June to Early July

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Mike C

San Carlos Mid June to Early July

Post by Mike C »

Hey Dudes,
Does anyone want to join my Dad and I for a San Carlos trip around Jun 18th to July 6th or so. The dates are a bit flexible by a few days. We're planning to go with solosports so its costly but if we get one more person, we can trim the "fly-in" costs a bit. Fire me an email at if you're interested.
Cheers,
Mike
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

And, what were your first year experiences? Academic, viewing/sailing at local water sport spots, local life, etc. Hope all were good. George
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

There are no Dudes here, just Bru's.

I am thinking of driving down for the AWT stop late July.. saves $500-600 or so per person. But let me know how your trip goes.

Guess we won't see you in Oregon in June then?!

- Tony
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

First Year has been great. I still have almost 2 months left in it - its a long academic year. I love it over here. Good people, great facilities, really good school that has done well in the residency match. Its been a lot of fun. I've sure spent a lot of money on flights tho!

I've yet to get out to surf or windsurf yet - i don't own a car.... I plan to get a car a surf next year. I looked into trying to get my gear over here and it doesn't really look possible. British Airways won't carry anything over 6'2....

Tony: I'd definitely recommend driving to san carlos. Just make sure you've got good tires and a bit of clearance. Try and stay a while. If your gonna go, you may as well make it worth it. The place goes flat as a pancake for weeks at a time so you want a big window to make sure you get something. Bring lots of windbreak and sunshelter materials and build a comfortable area to sit and cook and whatnot and you'll love it. My 2 month trips would cost me under 1500$ including gas.

I wish I could make the coast - Its sick (and a hell of a lot cheaper).