Maui accomm?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Maui accomm?

Post by juandesooka »

Hello wind chasers:

I am planning a Maui trip with the family over xmas....something like Dec 20-Jan5. If you have any hot tips or suggestions for accommodations, please pm me or call 250 642 2587

I'd be happy with anything near the wind, but the family wants the pool and beachside or close to it. Keep the kids happy and I am more free to chase wind, so I'm going with it.

Any info most appreciated!

John of Sooke (juandesooka)
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Luana Kai condos in North Kihei. Family friendly and close enough to wind - and reasonably priced.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Xmas?? What wind??
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
JL

Post by JL »

I guess juandesooka will have to make do with surfing & supping. Oh wait, he's a kiter so minimal wind required :P
Thermals are good.
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

Headed to Maui in two weeks, I will let you know how the complex I'm staying in is. Down in kehei, just going to drive up to the wind for lessons.
duckbill

Post by duckbill »

loved my stay ay luana kai, can even sail off the beach in front. just make sure you find out which 2 coconut trees to launch between to avoid the fin hungry reef.
like a duck to water
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Thanks for your advice.

Looking at VRBO.com, seems to be a fair number of condons in Maalaea. Is that worth considering too, or is Kihei the better option?

And I have a line on a waterfront house in spreckelsville, sleeps 12, launch from the front yard....but if we get it, will need roomies, taking applications. :wink:
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Thanks for tip Tempy....Luana Kai looks great, we're booked in.

https://www.luanakai.com

It looks a little more upscale than the southern kihei condos. It is right on the beach, instead of across the highway.

And an added bonus ... if the kona winds blow and the north shore isn't working, apparently Kihei is the secondary option ... and the best launch is right in front of Luana Kai. So....who knows, may be able to kite right in front of where I'm staying....STOKED!