BWD Oregon Coast Wavesailing Camp 2014

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

nanmoo

BWD Oregon Coast Wavesailing Camp 2014

Post by nanmoo »

Seems like there isn't as much stoke for these trips as two years ago when Janet shot the 26 of Fireball and Morewind cuddled the elephant during the circus at the Fairgrounds.

Who is going and when?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

i'm down! not sure about the green party bus just yet. :lol:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I'm in too. Soonest for me will be Jun 26 (slight chance of a week earlier) or so depending on weather and other kids to play with. Would love to do the Pistol event, but Steph and I are returning from a trip the week before and need to work.
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

not going anymore

BWD is just SUP-ing now, KC is skiing, Tony doesn't like my music, and the 2 1/2 or fewer batten sails haven't been released, I hear they hired some little skinny things at the DQ.....what's the point :?:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
winddude

Post by winddude »

Stoked, hopefully I can make it happen as Punta San Carlos is off the books for me this season.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

i think this is the year KC7 makes the jump. the mainland guys seem to be really steppin it up lately, guys that are stoked enough to ride a ferry to catch a SE blow will go to Pistol for sure.
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

Been working on KC7777. Need lots of stories about, no sharks, dairy queen 10s, friendly waves, warm water, very tasty brewskiis (that spelling will help motivate him), sailing on the coast is like getting a 30 cm day of pow with the access road closing immediately behind the first 100 riders, the bumper stickers of Gold Beach are like no-where else, SUP skills will improve, and the no-campfire fairground banter is like no other (see above re. fireball), etc.
Last edited by firstonlastoff on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I'm in too. End of June likely is the best for me. Will line up with the group.
Give'R
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

Campfires are easily replaced with Fireball :P

Btw, Who is going to be this years Golden Helmet Oregon Champion???? :twisted:
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

As the current holder of the GH, it is totally up to you. i should be up there with my new move the 2/3 pushie. :twisted:
C36

Post by C36 »

downwind dave wrote:...guys that are stoked enough to ride a ferry to catch a SE blow will go to Pistol for sure.
Now that triggered a big smile! :D

I'm in (sorry I missed 2013 - bad year that), but plan to double up in 2014 with PSC (May) and at least one trip to PR (hoping to join the BWD 2014 Oregon coast tour in Jun/Jul). :D 8) :wink:
Tsawwassen

Post by Tsawwassen »

Yes, my favourite BWD thread of the year. :D I'll be there, probably just after the 24th. Family is off to Japan for a month, so work permitting I might be there for a while.
Btw, Who is going to be this years Golden Helmet Oregon Champion????
I will be going for the coveted prize! Started practicing todayhttp://www.cinematicsound.com/Land_Loop.mov :lol:
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

I'm in just for the fireball! :twisted:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Tsawwassen wrote:Yes, my favourite BWD thread of the year. :D I'll be there, probably just after the 24th. Family is off to Japan for a month, so work permitting I might be there for a while.
Btw, Who is going to be this years Golden Helmet Oregon Champion????
I will be going for the coveted prize! Started practicing todayhttp://www.cinematicsound.com/Land_Loop.mov :lol:
What you're doing in that video is waaaay more frightening (but entertaining to watch) than the real thing. Honest. Just go huck one!
Poultry in motion
Tsawwassen

Post by Tsawwassen »

What you're doing in that video is waaaay more frightening (but entertaining to watch) than the real thing. Honest. Just go huck one!
More frightening and more painful, my back is killing me. I knew the "Just do it" comments were coming. :D But the fear of pulling the trigger is gone, now that I know how much nicer the water landing is going to be. It did help with getting the feeling of letting the sail pull me around. :D Next windy day I'm throwing down!