Give Dave Your money Fund

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

AC

Give Dave Your money Fund

Post by AC »

I would like to hold a fund raiser for Dave for the excellent Job he did to this web site. I would like to contrubute 100 lb on dungeness Crab for BWD. Maybe we could set a date, Maybe in the Spring for this event.
I was thinking maybe 5$ a person for some goods. If you like crab""
We could hold it Maybe at Esquimalt Lagoon on a weekend. Or even Cook STreet. [smilie=rauch28.gif]
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Great idea AC! :D

But I think it should be by donation - with a $10 min suggested. Students and unemployed could give $5, but really, the rest of us can pony up a bit more (especially if you like crab).

Kasual Krab Kookout at Kook St - count me in! (or esq. lagoon, awesome beach there).

How about around March 21 - usually some good winds by then? Any other good dates?

And don't hesitate to throw a few bucks Dave's way in the meantime. The cameras and bandwidth cost $$$!
Vive et Ama
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

AC

Post by voodmon »

You're a wonderful guy AC havn't seen ya for a while...how come ya missed last saturday ? :roll: twas a lovely day in paradise..and yes i'm keeping the kite it's in the closet for the winter waiting for next summer...hope all is well with you my friend, and you are working as hard as i am...TT
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.
voodmon
Website Donor
Website Donor

Oh and Dave

Post by voodmon »

As in appreciation...my god...i'm sure you know anyway..but anyone on this island that does anything on the ocean..fishermen, kyakers, jetskiers, surfers, scubadivers, perhaps even the navy, ( before they go on manueveres (sp) check your site out..i have friends in... ont...great lake region that check your site...i've talked to women half way round the world and told them where i live by the kook web cam......wonderful ongoing stuff dave....i know i'm a bit out there.....but the kudoes to you my friend...are very deserved..TT
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

In the meanwhile, just send the cheques rolling in. I'dont know how many people ended up contributing last time, but I'm sure that there are users out there who forgot to donate. As you can see(webcams) we all benefit, so great idea AC.
Wavos Rancheros

Pay the Pal

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

I was suggesting to BWD that he use a paypal donation button on the web site, for lazy ass couch surfers like myself, who can't mail a cheque unless the collectors are bangin on the door. But I think he's a bit shy about it all.....can we give him some encouragement (get yer butt of the couch and do it!).-/

WD
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Give Dave Your money Fund

Post by bwd »

AC wrote:I would like to hold a fund raiser for Dave for the excellent Job he did to this web site. I would like to contrubute 100 lb on dungeness Crab for BWD.
Great idea AC and a very generous offer! You're awesome.
voodmon wrote:i've talked to women half way round the world and told them where i live by the kook web cam......wonderful ongoing stuff dave....i know i'm a bit out there.....but the kudoes to you my friend
Thanks voodmon!
Gareth wrote:In the meanwhile, just send the cheques rolling in. I'dont know how many people ended up contributing last time
Here's the totals as of November 6, 2004:
Since June 1, 2004 I have received $910 from 19 people ($47 avg donation). Thanks everyone!

So this means the Cook Camera is 65% paid off ($475 left) and the Columbia cam is 0% paid off ($1337 left). I am getting money from sponsors, but most of it is going towards paying 4 monthly internet bills for the 4 webcams. If I can pay off the current cameras I'm hoping in the future we can upgrade the IV and Gordon's camera's and maybe look at a weather station or two.
Wavos Rancheros wrote:I was suggesting to BWD that he use a paypal donation button on the web site
Hey WR I did look into this and even set it up. The only problem was that the only way to get $ is people have to set up a paypal account before they pay. They can't pay with their credit card unless they set up a paypal account (paying without a paypal account can only be done in the US). So I wasn't sure how many, if any, would want to set up a paypal account before they pay...

dave
alec

Post by alec »

I think a lot of people have paypal acounts now.. i mean you can get cheap gear on ebay with a paypal account :)

New user, but i'd donate with paypal tomorrow ;)