Tires for Nitinat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

Just going to throw out a tire that I really hatted: Goodyear Silent Armour AT.
After about a year on them, I took them off and gave them away.

They were bad on gravel, terrible in snow (had the snowflake), and would hydroplane easily.

I've been happy with the Toyo AT2 (LT) on my Taco.
jbatsea

Post by jbatsea »

BWD, thx for the posting the link to the discussion thread on tires. Resident experts past and present: Thx for all the input and advice, lots of different perspectives and certainly a lot of options. With the tire types and brands suggested recently, I find that when I'm walking in parking lots, I'm now staring at truck tire types and brands all the time. I'm ruined! Just like working in the Whale Watching industry (many moons ago) ruined me from looking at seascapes and sunset. I constantly scan the horizon looking for blows and dorsal fins and I don't generally just relax and enjoying a sunset!! I still struggle when watching the BWD webcams! This latest double flat tire experience also has lead me to purchase an air compressor and battery charger which I should have bought ages ago.....