Very First Time Windsurfing

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Jeffreyheslop9

Very First Time Windsurfing

Post by Jeffreyheslop9 »

Hi everyone, I am new to this whole windsurfing. I have tried it twice before about 17 years ago. Never got going either time. First time the mast broke from the board, and the second time the sail tore. That was the end of it. Well now I'm older and have more understanding and patients, and I found a deal on used vic. Two board set up, one is a windsurfer one design and the other is an alpha 130 fun. I took the One Design out today on Shawnigan Lake, very light winds. I thought that it would be best not being blown all over the lake. I must say I had a lot of fun out there. while I was out there a couple guys were talking to my wife and one was giving me a few pointers, along with complements. to whoever you guys are thank you. I hope to meet you out on the water one day. here are a few pictures my wife took with her phone, oh and the last one is my sail not so pretty.
Jeffreyheslop9

pictures

Post by Jeffreyheslop9 »

pictures
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (107.33 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (76.91 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
image1 2.JPG
image1 2.JPG (97.46 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Very First Time Windsurfing

Post by KUS »

Jeffreyheslop9 wrote:while I was out there a couple guys were talking to my wife and one was giving me a few pointers, along with complements. to whoever you guys are thank you.
standard ploy, better watch out keep an eye on the wife :shock: :lol:

anyway, great you got out there. good on ya, this site is great for getting feedback, loads of used gear out there too,
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....