La Ventana car rental

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Brad

La Ventana car rental

Post by Brad »

I have booked a flight to Los Cabos for my first trip to La Ventana and am trying to figure out my options for travel from the airport. Car rentals are crazy cheap like $10/day. The website says some $750000 in PL/PD is included, but then they also offer insurance against collision, theft, vandalism etc that is more than the rental at $15 per day. I have heard that it is important to get this insurance regardless of what my credit card covers.

I am arriving on Mar 4 midday if anyone is interested in car pooling?

Are there other cheaper options for getting to La Ventana from Los Cabos?
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

Samuel with a shuttle direct from airport to where ever in LV:

80$ US and $40 if there are 2 people or more.
You can speak english to him.

You can also go on LV Kiteboarding or LV Garage Sale or other FB groups and post to carpool with a shuttle.

If you rent a car go over the car with a fine tooth comb and look out for any imperfections and document them and make sure the rental company is aware before you drive away. If there is any damage they will pin it on you. I'm sure 10 people have paid for each scrape.

When driving figure out your route past Los Barriles for cash atms and then turn toward LV at San Antonio and avoid La Paz where the highway comes in at Forredores Rd as this is very bad for cops and 'mordida'.

There is only one ATM in LV and the max withdrawl is $3000 pesos if the machine is working, and not torn out of the wall by bandidtos as is was last year!

Obey all stop signs with a full stop, even though everyone else is tearing though them. Obey all speed limits even though they can be rediculously low and everyone else is going twice the speed limit. They will be watching you gringo.

Have Fun!!!!
curses - foiled again!
Brad

Post by Brad »

Thanks, I appreciate the help. The shuttle sounds like the answer for me.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

Beware when fueling up the car near the airport when returning. They will try to rip you off. We fueled up our rental car and they punched in the numbers in the debit machine, then they put my card in and hit okay so I could not see the amount I was being charged.

Last trip we used Samuell. Easy and safe. You can hitch around LV pretty easy and there are plenty of places to eat or shop within walking distance. The shuttle can also stop for groceries in Los Barilles.

Have fun, miss it already.