Nitinat or Gorge ??

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat or Gorge ??

Post by KUS »

Hi everyone- planning to do the DEMO days at the Nat on May long weekend but as an alternative will head to the Gorge if the weather sucks up here. Will make the call a couple of days prior. 8)

Anyone into heading to the Gorge if our lake weather doesn't pan out? It would be fun to catch the Windance Swap meet and then spend a few days with a Canadian contingent in the desert, from my experience typically Celilo and eastward, camping at MaryHill or Roosevelt. :P

I would take my war-pig II van and could take 1-2 sailors willing to tent (got basic cooking stuff) unless I have a new motorhome by then, unlikely :roll: , but then I might be able to take more. I would try and come back prior to memorial day weekend as things get nuts there then, maybe leave Friday, return Thurs late/ Fri. Any takers? :?:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

BUMP: so, after all this thinking and betting on weather and watching the windcams in Hood River, we are getting ever soooo close to the special weekend.....Gorge if it rains, anyone?? I'd hate to enjoy all that swap meet/ ramp slamming hate stuff all by my little lonesome, we need a patriotic contingent to protest the Liberals winning the frickin' election and sucking all the poor people dryer by spending our money in the US, ahhahhhaaahaha. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!

Animal

Gorge

Post by Animal »

Wish I could make it, Workin stiff these days
Animal

Gorge

Post by Animal »

James at this end
bean

Post by bean »

Gorge is my default - Nitinat back-up. Going Fri-Mon with my buddy in his Civic. I guess we'll have to go easy at the swap or look totally guilty coming back across the border. I usually sail at Doug's and camp at Tucker. Come on high pressure!
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Hey lil' buddy, nice to see ya post

8)

Bean- lemme know what you think of the forecast, not sure how to read down south, just looking for sun in the desert usually. Maybe see you guys for a beer as Nitinat looks like a bust right now, maybe it will pick up.

I have the week booked off and plan to leave maybe thursday already. Kus
Wish less, sail more!!

Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Kitesurfers invited ?
Signature Block.
The Gman

Post by The Gman »

Check out www.nwweather.com

Usually pretty good at forecasting the gorge/coast. I can't remember ever seeing so many 0-10 days in a row though. :evil:
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I saw on another newsgroup that the Gorge is having its worst opening in recent memory (don't know how much memory many Gorge boardheads have, mind you :roll: ). Still, someone else replied saying, only one 3.2-4.2 day in the last month, so their skunked and ours has a different scale. This weather pattern has got to change soon!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

more force 4 wrote:I saw on another newsgroup that the Gorge is having its worst opening in recent memory (don't know how much memory many Gorge boardheads have, mind you :roll: ). Still, someone else replied saying, only one 3.2-4.2 day in the last month, so their skunked and ours has a different scale. This weather pattern has got to change soon!
I've checked the cams for Doug's and the Hatch a number of times over the past few weeks and they have had some decent looking days to me, ie 5.0 or bigger. That's a pretty high wind snob factor if 5.0 doesn't even really register! Maybe I'd feel the same living in a wind tunnel...
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

sure kiters, the more the merrier although you may need different launches or conditions maybe. Right now I wonder tho about the weather, calling for a heatwave in Vic (although with clouds) for that week which may make Nitinat pretty decent.

Will have to wait til the very day likely, oh the choices. Thx for the links, will keep checking :?
Wish less, sail more!!

bean

Post by bean »

Looks like the weather in Hood River is supposed to clear up starting Saturday. I'm going to wait a few days before making the call. Another user-friendly forecast is at: www.wind-surf.net

weather

Post by windsurf247 »

Hey Kus: where'd ya get the long range weather forecast??? How's it look for the lake this weekend??
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

The weather Network looks good for all areas. the 14 day trend shows warming temperatures for Saturday?, but trending higher for Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Checked Renfrew, Albernie and Tolfino. But, Who really knows?
craig

gorge last week

Post by craig »

there were a few days last week when the ladies and lighter gents were out on 3.7s.

I think I am going to head to the gorge wednesday ish