Nitinaht update!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Jeez! I thought I had long toes. You can have my moniker anytime heefe222 :D :D
I wish my TOW was longer!
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Nitinat bear update: I thought this discussion was worth saving in this thread.
Sandy Beach: near Nitinat River Just heard this on our local Peak 93.3 radio station in PA. Hope the victim is healing ok. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... tinat.html - Wednesday September 28, 11:21AM

Thelaw: ahhhh that is really dumb. - Wednesday September 28, 11:30AM

Sandy Beach: yeah, shaking head... - Wednesday September 28, 11:33AM

Jellyfish: This is a good example of why I am more scared of people with guns than I am of bears. - Wednesday September 28, 12:28PM

Downwind Dave: good grief how baked was that guy. i hope he can salvage his friendship without losing face. - Wednesday September 28, 12:34PM

Jl: I'd be wary of a BEAR with a gun Jellyfish. Looking @ the newscast I think LUCKY beer was the culprit. - Wednesday September 28, 12:41PM

Winddoctor: Back when I used to wear contact lenses, Steph and I were camping at Nitinat one night. We heard loud, snuffling noises outside the tent. Terrified and blind, I unzipped the tent a little and squinted nervously into the inky night. I saw two blurry bear cub shapes just beyond the zipper and quickly pulled the zip shut. "Steph. I see two bear cubs just outside the tent. I think we're F'ed if the mother sees us!" We held painfully still for 15 minutes, barely breathing. The snuffling eventually went away. I gathered my courage and put my contact lenses in and l peered outside again with the flashlight. In the center of the beam where the bear cubs had been lay my hiking boots, exactly where I'd placed them outside before going to bed. Little buggers were lucky I didn't have a .22 with me in the tent! - Wednesday September 28, 1:04PM
Eastside: Give the poor guy a break, bearly got to the hospital and he is the subject of internet ridicule - Wednesday September 28, 1:05PM

Winddoctor: Welcome to the cub. Er, I mean club. - Wednesday September 28, 1:07PM

Snarfer: Dreaming of Nitinat Bears - aka don't shoot your friend. http://www.timescolonist.com/shot+bear+ ... story.html - Wednesday September 28, 1:15PM

Downwind Dave: windoc next time don't go for the fuzzy black hiking boots. - Wednesday September 28, 1:33PM

Jellyfish: Good reminder to retrict 'snuffling' away from WD's tent. - Wednesday September 28, 2:48PM

Nitnaht Pat: just a little note to the winddoctor.. with my experience I found that a .22 just seems to piss black bears off... they generally become afraid and then will fight for thier life... just saying - Thursday September 29, 7:28AM

Winddoctor: Pat, I was in no real danger. My boots were defenseless against my cunning "play dead" plan. The snuffling was likely an escaped poodle looking for kibble sauteed in Grey Poupon. The only things I tend to shoot with are cameras. Just sayin'. - Thursday September 29, 8:10AM

Jl: NEVER sleep in a garbage bag ... & keep food away from your tent - Thursday September 29, 8:58AM

Downwind Dave: ...and if you MUST have a loaded shotgun in the tent, be sure to win rock paper scissors as to who gets to keep it in their sleeping bag. - Thursday September 29, 9:53AM

Mortontoemike: And maybe don't sleep head-to-toe. Better to have your foot shot off than your face! - Thursday September 29, 11:06AM
Attachments
00007031.jpg
00007031.jpg (15.47 KiB) Viewed 610 times