Total Records: 36
    This Year: 0

Friday June 23, 2006 Punta San Carlos, Windsurfing
     Friday June 23, 2006 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Punta San Carlos, Windsurfing WNW 20 - 25
    Mast High Plus
    7.00 hours Starboard Acid 74
    Severne Blade 4.7
    Just sailed the greatest day of my life. Huge South swell rolled in for my last day in Baja, prompting high surf advisories and the closure of So Cal beaches. The Chilli Bowl was breaking about 5 feet higher than mast high and this one dude was trying to chuck arials and getting pounded. More than once I saw him swim his gear out of the wind shadow. The meat of the wave was barreling, while the soft shoulder was feathering allowing pansies like me to play it safe. Just me and one other guy out at the bowl, while all other takers sailed the logo high sets rolling through at the beach break. An amazing end to a killer trip, that surprisingly enough didn't involve all that mush windsurfing. I surfed alot, ran alot, played with rattle snakes, bartered with mexicans in my tattered spanish.... and lost, took a 400 mile wrong turn, destroyed truck tires, gave a ride to two mexicans walking through the desert (20 miles from anywhere), and narrowly escaped burrying my truck axel-deep in pea gravel below the high-tide line. Y-all need to go to San Carlos, and if you do bring all the toys in your bag and be prepared for a differnet kind of windsurfing trip because thats what the place offers. By far the best experience of my life despite only sailing around 50% of the days. I will post photos and video at a later date.
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-