This Year: 9

Friday September 10, 2021 Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing
     Friday September 10, 2021 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing SSW 15 - 18
    Pretty flat
    2.00 hours Ocean Rodeo Duke
    Ocean Rodeo Flite 12
    Ocean Rodeo Shift Bar 52cm
    Went to the lake although it didn't look promising. Hardly anyone there. There were little white caps on the lake and about 11 knots at the beach. Put the 3m line extensions on and that made a huge difference. First two attempts had me downwind pretty quickly, probably mostly due to my rubbish light wind gybes. I came in and walked back up the beach to try again. Third time lucky and had a solid hour and even felt overpowered a bit, as the wind came up. Came in for a break and took the line extensions off. jdog arrived and I launched his kite and watched him trying to get to grips with his new foil board. Walked down the beach and carried his foil back to the launch site. Went out for another session and tried out jdog's Cabrinha Spade. It was interesting and different from my trusty Duke. I want to try it again with stronger wind. Had a great dinner on the beach and a terrific long chat with Justin in the evening. Woke to rain and decided to bail out. Jdog was keeping the faith, staying the night and hoping for some wind on Sunday. I feel lucky to have squeezed one more day out of the fading summer. Excellent!
    GPS Track: 2021-09-10 Nitinat 1:53 PM to 2:58 PM
    Moving Time00:47:02
    Planing Time 00:41:49
    Distance (km)19.4
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)18.6 / 18.5 / 17.8
    Number of Turns 19 (68% Planing)
    MAX 2021 - 18.5 kt, 100 turns, 84%TOTAL 2021 - 229 km, 11.0 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-