Thursday May 12, 2022 Ross Bay, Windfoiling
     Thursday May 12, 2022 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Ross Bay, Windfoiling W 15 - 30
    Stupid
    0.80 hours Starboard Foil X 125
    Sailworks Flyer 4.5
    Goya Banzai 3.7
    Starboard Super Cruiser 1700
    Worst session of the year!! Okay, that's a bit harsh. It was my own fault. Too many variables. New board, new foil, wrong sail size, twice!! Arrived to rain and cold and wind20-25kts. Rigged 3.7 Goya with the new Super Cruizer foil and small Foil X board. Not much wind inside then bang! Lots of wind but board wasn't balanced and didn't want to fly. I will try more shim angle next time. Wind dropped to 15kts so came in with everyone else and rigged 4.5m But then wind raged! 25+ so over powered and still not balanced. 43 mins in the water, 3 mins foiling above water. FML!! Guess I need some more practice. Humbling experience today.

The one understanding that came out of today was how slow the SuperCruizer can foil. I was basically going walking speed, maybe 7km/h and it was like an elevator going up. The board (and me) just rose out of the water and kept going, it was pretty surreal. The 1100 and 800 need some speed to get up out of the water but the 1700 obviously 'foils' earlier, but just how early was eye opening to me. I'm going to try more angle on my shim and a larger stabilizer. Although I was fairly tired, cold and grumpy after my 'session' if you can call it that, I have new skills to learn and lots more testing to do to achieve the stability of my bigger board and smaller high/aspect foils.

I'm sorry if I was grumpy with anyone after my session Thursday evening. Tweez, Windoc, Gus, Grant and anyone else I wasn't my cheerful self too. I look forward to seeing you all out on the water again soon. I promise to smile and stay for the RBFC meeting. Beverages on me when it warms up. Holy frick it was chilly!

BOBSON OUT!!
    GPS Track: RB - Worst session this year4:43 PM to 5:43 PM
    Moving Time00:27:23
    Foiling Time 00:13:45
    Distance (km) 6.1
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)15.5 / 15.4 / 14.4
    Number of Turns 36 (3% Foiling)
    MAX 2022 - 24.0 kt, 161 turns, 100%TOTAL 2022 - 1985 km, 92.9 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-