Sunday March 10, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Ambleside, Windsurfing SE 9 - 18
    Light Chop
    1.50 hours Mistral Superlight 12' 5" Folding Skeg / Tuttle Box
    RUSHWIND Custom Race 7 5M Tri Cam
    Hotsails Twin Cam Slalom 5.7
    Fins 60 to Choose
    Daggerfin 10 to choose 70cm
    40 Degree 18knot gust shifts coming out of Lions Gate made for tricky water play resulted in downsizing to a 5.7 after attempting to Gybe with full daggerboard down & harness on/off hook (first Harness use since Nitinat last Sept) . Was out with a Wazp & a learner on a new RS Aero with 8M full rig. He capsized immediately almost blowing his new ~$12k kit into Ambleside Pier. Ran for a console tender RIB but couldn't find the key. In the end I held do the Wazp down on the beach while my buddy dove off the pier to right & sail the Aero free of the pier.

All ended well with no gear damage or hypothermic sailors. But sailing time was cut a bit short. Lots of chances to ride various small swells coming from shipping channel traffic. So good fun trying to nose ride the 12 Mistral with a 5.7 powering things.

As I left the club I met Stan windsurfing at the pier with an inflatable SUP windsurf Kit. Kinda nice seeing someone else Windsurfing nearby. He was based out of Jericho but is contemplating joining... www.hollyburnsailingclub.ca
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-