Ross Bay, Wingfoiling W 5 - 20
    too lumpy
    1.00 hours Starboard Foil X 125
    Ensis Score 6.2
    Starboard Stabilizer 255
    Starboard Mast 85cm
    Starboard Evolution Foil 1100
    Starboard Evolution Fuse 95
    Not my best session. ugh! Tried the smaller board and shorter fuse today. The board without enough wind was a painfully wobbly, fuse was fine. I forgot to start my Polar GPS watch so missed the first hour of schlogging and sitting on the board going East. Got teased out by the 2pm 12-13kts of wind. Arrived to not much, waited for awhile and it picked up to 10-12kts then it was still picking up so I headed out with my 6.2m Wing and smaller 125 litre board, floaty enough just only 67cm wide so a bit tippy as the wind dropped to less than 10kts for 45 mins. There were signs (gusts) of it filling in so I stayed out and tried to get balanced on the smaller board. When it died I had to sit on the board and by then the tide was coming in so got sucked down towards Trial. I was 100m off the rocks by the webcam when the wind finally came back 15-. By then I was fatigued and a bit worried that I was going to land on the rocks or head down into Gonzales Bay. Not excited about that thought so worked my ass off to get on the foil and get back upwind. I was getting some foiling rides but not making as much distance back upwind as I'd like so just headed into the beach 1/2 way up Ross Bay. Should have probably gone back out and rode back to where I started but I was pissed about having issues riding the smaller board and just frustrated the wind had died, so came into the beach and did walk of shamefulness back to the start. Lots of Wings out now and more heading out. Wings, Wings everywhere. I packed up and headed home with a slight growl in my voice. I will probably wait for better conditions for my next attempt at this Wingfoil crap. Pretty sure I would have been good on the big board so grumpy I tried with the smaller board. oh well, nothing bad happened and I lived to foil another day. Hope everyone else had a good session. As I was leaving, most were coming in for smaller Wings.

Grumpson OUT!!
    GPS Track: RB - Grumpy McGrumpersons3:15 PM to 3:47 PM
    Moving Time00:26:46
    Foiling Time 00:08:37
    Distance (km) 4.3
    Speed (Max/2s/100m knots)13.9 / 13.8 / 12.4
    Number of Turns 9 (0% Foiling)
    MAX 2024: 22.0 kt, 173 turns, 100%TOTAL 2024: 1,700 km, 80.0 hours
    MAX: 29.6 kt, 256 turns, 100%TOTAL: 21,032 km, 884 hours
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-